Chapter 15

I stood in the middle of this room, it looked like an old basement, you know the type, with exposed piping and duct work, and it smelled musty. I started to walk around looking at all the stuff in the room, there were runes, crystals, incense, and a few brooms. When I saw the brooms, I started giggling.

"So, do we fly around on these under the full moon?" I said still laughing. Jessica Trudeau walked up behind me, put her hand on my shoulder and said,

"No, Raven. Those are for sweeping the floor after a coven meeting." The smile disappeared from my face as I bowed my head and said,

"Oh, I didn't know, so where exactly are we? And when we are done, I would much rather drive home than teleport please.

"Ok, Raven. You can drive home, and as to where we are, we are in the basement of the courthouse. This is a secret room we built and bewitched. We are the only ones who know where this is. From outside this door," My mom said pointing at what appeared to be just a regular wooden door, "on the other side of this door, it looks like a wall. If you don't believe me, go look. But you will need to remember the spell to get back in. Just place your hand on the wall and picture the door opening."

Shaking my head, I open the heavy wooden door and walk out into the hallway. I take four steps forward allowing the door to shut behind me, before I turn around to see, well, I was expecting to see a door or a wall. But what I saw was everyone standing inside the room. Like there were behind a window. How could I see them, this room was supposed to be enchanted. I reached out and grabbed the doorknob, twisted the handle, and walked back into the room. I didn't need to think of any word. I just walked in.

"Hidden room my ass!" I exclaimed walking up to my mom. Mom looked at me, then at the others and it was then I noticed that Marcus had a clip board and checked something off. Hold up, was that a test.

"Raven, please tell us what did you see out in the hallway, when you turn around?" Mr. Lorde asked.

"Um, was that a test?" I asked my mother. Looking at her intently. She just said to answer Robert's question.

"When I turned around and looked back at the door, you said there would be a wall. But it wasn't a wall, it was like looking through a window. I could see you all standing in here talking, I couldn't hear you, but I could see you. And you said I would need to think of some words to regain entry I just grabbed the handle and pulled, and it opened. So, did I pass your first test?" I said full of sarcasm.

"Ok Raven, do you see that pile of stones over there?" Robert said. I just shook my head, if they won't answer my questions, I was done talking to them.

"Ok I need you to move those stones for me, but you cant touch them nor can you use magic. I would like you to move them from where they are to over there." He said pointing to a container across the room. How in the hell was I going to move them from one area to another without magic or without touching them. Hmm...what the fuck. I stood there trying to figure out a solution to this problem, when I remembered that the Ranee had the ability to bend time, with out using magic. It was just something she could do.

I looked over at the clock on the wall and watched as the second hand stopped. I don't know how it did, but I wanted it to, so it did. I looked around at everyone and noticed they were all frozen in time, everyone but Blaze that is. So, I asked him if he wouldn't mind carrying the stones across the room for me and he shook his head yes, all while laughing.

He walked over, well more like floated, time was slowed down, but he was super-fast. So, it appeared he was floating, but it was more like the blink of eye, and he was done. I looked back at the clock and time went back to normal.