Chapter 17

Pulling Nina through the door, ushering her upstairs to my room, just in case mom came home, I didn't need her butting in, and freaking Nina out any more than she already was.

"Girl, sit down, tell me what's going on. And start with why I saw you with Declan at the mall yesterday?" I said to her as she took a seat in my overstuffed bean bag chair. She looked like a doll all squished down in its pillowy softness, but she also looked much more relaxed. She took a deep breath and I mean super deep calming breath and looked up at me.

"Declan, yesterday. Ok, well that is where it started getting weird. I was walking through the mall looking for you but felt like someone was following me. I could not get the idea that someone was watching me out of my head. So, I stopped, and started looking around. And there he was, Declan, just watching me from the sunglasses hut. I was really weirded out. I didn't know if he was going to hurt me or what he was going to do. So, I turned and quickly ran off, but he caught up to me at the elevator up to the pretzel place we like so much." She shook her head, sighed again, and continued.

"Anyway, he jumped into the elevator with me, and I freaked out. I yelled at him to get away from me, but he looked at me and all he said was, No. Then he reached out to touch me and the elevator door opened again, and we must have ridden it up and back down because that is when I saw you, Blaze, and Ashton walking in the front door of the mall. I ran to you, but he followed me." She said with her head in her hands.

I knew what was happening to her of course. Declan had already felt the mate bond, for him the urge to protect her started when we were out by the fire in the park. I just hate seeing my best friend so helpless. I am so worried about her. I sighed reaching under my pillow for the book to show her but got zapped and told not yet. Ugh, this whole mustn't disturb the timeline thing was horrible, and having to keep it from Nina one more day was torture not to mention the other girls as well. I don't know how I am going to be able to withstand 2 more weeks of this. I looked at her and told her to go on. She really needed to get this out.

"The rest you know." She said, I shook my head yes and let her continue. "Well then today at school, you weren't there, and neither was Blaze or Ashton. Even Mr. Hawthorne was gone but what happened to me today was so weird. Declan was almost always within earshot of me all day, but what happened in P.E. is what freaks me out. I was really emotional so I thought I must be getting my period soon. Well, I went into the bathroom stall after most everyone had already left to go to the gym, and I sat there, and it started raining on me. Like literal rain falling from the ceiling. But I don't know why, then Declan burst through the door of my stall and scooped me up, pulling me into his chest and held me and I just sat there crying as it rained on us both until I felt better. He didn't even seem weirded out by it. What is happening to me, Raven?" She said pleading for me to tell her something.

The ancestors start talking to me in my head.

She sounds really scared; we need to do something. We can't it has to play out the way it was intended. Just give her something. All this arguing was starting to give me a headache, until I remembered that I could ease her worry by just teleporting her to her house and putting her in her bed and making her sleep.

That is an amazing idea Raven, make her sleep until just after 845 am the protections should be in place by then. Then you can teleport her back here, wake her up and explain things with Blaze, and Declan here as well.

It was a great idea, we didn't have any important classes tomorrow and it would be a great day to do that, I thought as I walked over to Nina pulled her out of the beanbag chair, wrapped my arms around her and ran my hand down her hair, whispering her off to sleep. Once she was out, I teleported her to her bed and teleported back to my house, where Blaze and Roe were already waiting for me.