Chapter 16

As I am sitting there trying to soak up all the knowledge, I have accumulated over the last 5 hours, my head starts pounding. I am so hungry I think to myself. I looked around at my mother and now my coven and a thought popped into my head.

      " Mom, " I say quietly, not sure of myself or anything else for that matter. Mom looks wide eyed in my direction.

      "What's wrong Raven?" She questions as she sits down next to me on this hideously ugly green, red, blue, and white striped circular carpet. Running my hands across the fabric I realize just how soft it is. Like petting a chinchilla. I look closer at the rug under my legs and can see the spells on and under it. I shake my head looking my mother in the face and say,

      "Well, I was curious. Has there ever been more than one Queen more than one Ranee'? I mean, like, what about the girls? Are they just as powerful as me? Or am I their boss lady too. Cause I don't want that. I want to be equals not in charge." I mumbled out looking down at my feet. A single Tear rolling down my face as I look up at all the adults who have sat down on the floor next to me.

      Lincoln is the first to speak. I look over at him and he is holding a giant book in his lap. It has to be two feet long by two feet wide. It is black with silver pages, and gold writing. It was unlike any book I have ever seen before. I was in awe of it. I looked over to him as he was reading a passage from about midway through this book.

      "The Ranee' or Queen,' he said gesturing at me. 'There has only ever one time in history been more than one. And it was a set of identical twins who shared the same skill and talents. The Queen will have her (word for right hand girls) by her side always." He kept reading further down the giant page of parchment. Now, I could be wrong, but that book looked like it was made from so poor human. I thought to myself as Blaze looked at me, his mouth hanging open. What I said under my breath, he just looked at me, shook his head and went back to listening to what Lincoln was saying.

      "Oh, wait a minute. It says here in the book at the very bottom that more than one Ranee may be unlocked. It depends upon the strength of the evil they are up against. But there has never in our history been more than two. So, I guess we will wait and see what happens when the other girls come into full power in the next 2 weeks. " Lincoln said looing over at me. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed loudly. Internally I was praying for a miracle.

      I stood up, and stretched, my back popping loudly.

      "Well, I am hungry, so I am leaving. I am going to get some burgers." I said glancing around the room. Darius stood up and said,

      "You can eat later; we must go back to house and finish your train...." I looked around a chuckled. I had frozen time and was going to get a burger. I don't give two shits, if they get mad at me. I was starving.

Giggling, I ran out the door, up the marble steps of the courthouse and burst through the front doors. I turn to see Blaze, hot on my trail. He started yelling,

      "Rave, Raven, hey RJ!" As I screeched to a halt. I whipped around looking for him, but didn't realize I was about to crash into someone, well that is until I heard him say,

      "Watch out Raven!!

I swirled back around and ran straight into Yasmin knocking her off her feet. Walking directly into the side of her...the girl who Blaze used to be with. She scrambled to her feet and turned to yell at whoever knocked her down and saw it was me. Her face contorted into the meanest look I had seen from her, her eyes flashed a black color, she smirked and shoved me with all her might making me fly at least one hundred feet backwards. I slid to a stop and looked at Blaze and he was looking from me to her with his mouth hanging wide open. How in the hell did she push me so far? How did she get so strong, I thought. I looked at her raising my eyebrow up.