Chapter 18

About forty-five minutes to an hour later, students started coming in the doors of the school. Blaze, Darius, and I were positioned at the front door, letting everyone one about the assembly and to go directly to the gym.

After about 20 minutes, I see Gabi and Addi walking to the front door, well more like running.

"Hey, girl, we haven't seen you in two days are you feeling better? I tried calling you last night and your mom told me you were sleeping." Gabi said.

"Yeah, I had the flu totally wiped me out. Now, Nina has it, so she is home resting. We are having an assembly first thing so go straight to the gym ok, I will be in there in a few seconds." I told them pointing towards the door. They nodded, gave me a quick hug, and giggled as they ran toward the gym. Parker and Garrett hot on their tails, but far enough back that the girls wouldn't have noticed.

Blaze stops them, whispered something to them and sent them on their way looking a bit more down cast.

"What was that all about?" I asked him.
"I just told them to control themselves, that the girls were not yet prepared to handle them and to just hold off and wait." Blaze said to me.

Smart, I thought to him. Just as I see Yasmin and her girls stalking toward the front door. She goes running up to Blaze but stops short when she sees us holding hands. Frustrated she screams a small scream and pouts.

She walks to the front door, goes to pull the handle, and jumps back, screaming in pain.

"Ow, ow, owwie! Why can't I get in the building?" She looks at us questioning. Each one of her friends tries and each on jumps back in pain. I look at them and say,

"No evil allowed in school today, bitch. Move along, you are in the way of some teachers." She looks at Darius and he waves her and her friends away with a flick of the wrist.

Mr. Anderson walks towards the door, nodding at Darius, kind of glaring at me and Blaze. He reached out for the door just as Darius started explaining about the assembly. The second his hand touched the door handle; he jumped back in pain.

"Ouch, what in the fuck! Darius what did you do to this door?" He said stomping toward us. Darius held out is palm stopping him in his tracks. There is a protection spell on it to prevent Arawn followers from entering.

His face fell, he looked from me to Darius and back again and said,

"He will have you, Raven; you will never win." Then he disappeared in a sulfur filled black mist.

I look at Blaze and think, well that explains a lot. He just giggled. After everyone had gathered in the gym, I froze time. We had managed to finish the last kids' protection spell by the final bell. I was wiped. Now to add a false memory spell to all the kids.

Darius, Rue, Michael, and Grace step forward and start chanting, I see pink shiny spells flying into the heads of every student, then they get to Addi, Gabi, Parker, and Henry but the spells will not go in. I take two steps forward place one hand on Michael's hand and one on Grace and push with everything I have to push the new memories into their heads.

It was like I hit a brick wall, the harder I pushed the more resistance I felt. I sent out a mental call to Blaze to alert the others I needed help. Just then 20 witches flew into the gym, all grabbing the hands of those around them. Energy started flowing into me, making my power stronger, I felt the spell hit Parker first, it was like a balloon popped as it went in to adjust his memory.

Then Garrett's was more of click, like something clicked into place. Gabi was next, this was hard like digging 8 feet of mud, dirt, and sand. Finally, it went in, now Addi. Placing this memory was rough, every time I tried to place it, it was like the wind grabbed it and blew it away. I found some stability on her obsession with Parker and latched it on to that. Finally.

I collapsed in a heap on the floor, and instantly Blaze had me in his arms. With one swoop of my hand time resumed and the kids jumped up and ran out the building, happy to be done for the day. Even Addi and Gabi, they had not even noticed that I was being carried out of the gym and up in the air.

We get back to my house and Blaze lays me on my bed, and whispers to me that he is going to go get Nina and be right back. He kisses my temple tenderly and in an instant is gone. My mother walks into my room with a bowl of the nastiness smelling broth and says here drink this it will help.

As I struggled to swallow the swamp water, I can feel my energy returning. By the time Blaze gets back with Nina I am full strength. Now to push a new memory into her mind of going to school and having a normal day. Then coming to my house and passing out after school.

It was easier to do in her head due to the extreme obsession with Declan, I latched it to that and got out. Waking her up at the same time.

She stretches out and looks at me, and says,

"Rave, what is happening to me!!! I am so confused." Just then Darius, Roe, Mom, and Blaze walked into my room. And the book magically appeared in my hands.

She screamed, jumped off my bed and backed herself up against Roeshell and said,

"What the hell is happening, Raven!! How did you do that!" As rain, started to fall in my room. I stood up, grabbed her wrists with my hands. The warmth of my flames helping evaporate her rain, and looked deep into her eyes as my eyes turned a deep shade of red. And said,

"You are a witch, Nina!"

THE END

KEEP A WATCH OUT FOR BOOK TWO OF THE ELEMENTAL WITCHES: NINA'S RAIN