27

May POV

Today was a rough day at work. I had a call today from a girl that was attacked. I tried to get the paramedic and police there, but it was too late. I heard her cry for her parents, and I heard her last breath before she died. I threw my earpiece off and walked away from my desk and into a storage room. I lost it and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I heard the door open, and I turned around and saw it was Maddie and she shut the door. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. I was finally able to calm down. Maddie and I sat down on the floor. She told me about her experience with her first bad call, then told me it was going to get better. I went back to work finished my shift and went to my parent's house for dinner.

Bobby POV

Today I didn't have a shift and I was home alone today, and I picked up the house. I had lunch with Athena who went into the office today and then picked up Harry from school. Helped him out with his homework. Now I'm working on dinner when I hear the front door open. I walked out of the kitchen and saw it was May. I could tell something was wrong with her. I asked her what was wrong, and she said it was a rough day at work. I say let me put the food in the oven and then we can talk. She said OK and that she was going to change.

Third Person POV

May walked into the kitchen and asked Bobby if he was ready to talk. He said yeah. Bobby popped his head into the living room and told Harry that they would be outside. They went outside and sat down on the patio. Bobby asked what happened today and she told him. Once she was done telling him about the call, Bobby brought up the losses that had happened to him on the job. That's when they heard the backdoor open and they turned their heads around. When they turned around, they saw Athena. She shut the door and asked what was going on. Bobby said, talking about a rough day at work. Athena said we all have that, and we learn how to face the tough shift and lean on our family. Athena sat down and talked about when she was working a case, and she was running after a boy. He was hit by a car and one of his shoes flew off. When she looked at the shoe all she could think about was Harry. I tried to help the kid, Athena said, and he survived. But it was still hard, and she felt like it was her fault. But Bobby was there for her, and he helped her with the thoughts she was having. She went home and felt safe with her family and that made her feel so much better sleeping at night. They went and had dinner and hung out as a family for the rest of the night.

Athena POV

May spent the night last night and Bobby made breakfast for everyone today. I asked her if she could take Harry to school since they had a doctor's appointment that morning. We had breakfast and then said bye to the kids and headed to the doctor's appointment. We got to the doctor's office, and we went inside and checked in. We were talking about what they had planned for the week. That was when they called my name and we both got up and walked over to my nurse. They took my height and weight and they said that it looked good. They took us to the room and had me sit in the bed. They asked me questions about how I was feeling, and I said I was good but tired all the time. They finished the questions and took the rest of my vitals. When I took my blood pressure, she made a face and said that it was high but very high. I asked why and the doctor can tell you about that when she comes in. I said thanks and she said the doctor would be in soon. I looked at Bobby with a concerned look and he got up out of his chair and hugged me. I heard a knock on the door, and I said come in, Bobby let go of me and sat back down. The door opened and she came in. She asked how we were doing, and we said good and then she asked how the gender reveal party went. We told her good and me then she got straight to the point. She started talking about my blood pressure and she talked about Pre-eclampsia. She said it's causing low blood flow to my placenta. She wants me to go on bed rest for a couple of weeks and to stop working completely. I said OK and I didn't like the idea then asked if we were ready to see the baby and I said yes and laid down and pulled my shirt up to my bra line. She put the ultrasound gel on my stomach, and it still gives me the chills. She turned the machine on and put the probe on my stomach. Bobby and I looked at the screen and saw our baby girl. She was kicking hard because I winced, and both the doctor and Bobby asked if I was ok, and I told them she was kicking my ribs. She looked at the baby and ran some tests. She said nothing was with the baby. I wiped the gel off of my stomach and she said bedrest and I said OK and see you in a couple of weeks. We went to the front desk and scheduled the next appointment. We left the doctor's office, and we went home, and Bobby told me to go straight to bed. I got changed and got into bed. Bobby came into our bedroom with some snacks and water. Bobby changed into some sweats got into bed with me and turned on the TV. Bobby made some lunch for us later and once we finished lunch Bobby said he had a meeting, and he would pick up Harry after it. He asked me if I was going to be alright and I said yes and told him that I'll probably take a nap. Bobby took the plates to the kitchen and then went back to the bedroom and got changed. Bobby kissed Athena and left the house. I made sure Bobby was gone before I got out of bed. I walked into the office and grabbed the computer and paperwork. Then went back to the bedroom and started working on it. I didn't hear Bobby come into the house. That's when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw it was Bobby. He asked what I was doing, and I said nothing. He said really and reached his hand out and took the paperwork and computer. Then Bobby said I'm calling your boss and taking this away from you. I said OK turned the TV on and started watching some TV. My phone started ringing and I looked to see who it was. It was my boss, and I answered the phone. My boss asked if I was going to tell him when I was going to bed rest and I said never. He said he was taking away my password till I'm off maternity leave. I said OK and was told to relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

A/N: I'm starting Indoor track and classes this week. So, updating may be hard to keep up to date so I will try my best to update a part once a week. if you have any ideas that you want me to add to the book just message me and I can see what I can do.