Happy Birthday...Mate?

It was the night of the ball and I was getting ready.

Derek wasn't allowed to see any unmated girls today so he left early.

I decided to leave my hair down tonight as I put on my silver with purple glitter mask on I look in the mirror. One thing has been bothering me all day. What if we're mates? What if he doesn't accept me? What if Giana and him are mates? Ew, I shuddered at that one.

My nails had a french manicure, My hair was curled to perfection, my dress was wrinkle free, my legs were shaved, and I was ready to go. Today I had this weird feeling, that I shouldn't go, because something bad will happen. I ignored that feeling though.

I slowly stood from my king sized bed and did one more check in the mirror before strolling out.

As I walked out, I seen Briella, my little 15 year old sister sitting against the wall with her head in her hands. "Bri?" I ask, she looks up with red eyes and a tear stained face. "Bri, what happened?"

I ask kneeling down to her level. "M-M-My date to the ball ditched me for Heather Parks!" She said between sobs. I knew exactly who she was. Heather was the mini Giana.

"Well, I don't have a date, you can come with me..." I suggested causing her to snap her head to me.

"No, I couldn't. I don't want to be a burden." She says, her sobs now calming causing her to sniff here and there.

"Bri, you're my little sis, you're never a burden." I say rubbing her back. With that, I stood her up and hurry her in my room. I found one of my old short pink party dresses with a bow.

"Are you sure we won't be late?" She asks unsure.

I snort,"Please, the ball doesn't start for another hour, I was just getting something to snack on."

She giggles and I curl her hair and put it into an updo. I do her makeup and find her a pair of heels. I stand back and look at my masterpiece,"Just one more thing." I say before running into my walk in closet and coming back out with a black masquerade mask. I put it on her and stand her infront of the mirror.

She gasped,"Wow." That's all she had to say out of her mouth. That's when you know you have a talent in makeovers. I should totally start my on business. 'Emmy's Epic Makeovers' Ah I can see it now.

Anyways, she turns to me and hugs me. "Thank you so much!" She yells while squeezing me tighter, cutting off my circulation for blood.

"Yes, yes your welcome, now let's show your date who's boss." I say winking to her before we head out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ball had gotten crowded quick. I had seen no sign of Derek, Izzy, or Aaron. I held my disc I had made for Derek for his birthday. It had all of the videos and pictures of us as kids on it. Just to show I care, you know?

I've been standing here watching girls act like sluts and wear the sluttiest pieces of fabric I've ever seen, you would think it was a raunchy club, not an elegant ball.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere Izzy appeared smiling from ear to ear. "What happened to you?" I ask smirking.

"I found my mate!" She exclaims causing me to squeal.

"Who is he?" I ask but her smile drops to a frown.

"Um, you might not like this but-"

"Babe?" Aaron asked walking towards us. I turned around hoping that he was talking to a girl behind us or an invisible girl in front of us. He reached us and kissed Izzy.