Death at a...Graduation?

I am now two months pregnant. Today is also graduation.

If you are wondering about prom. I did get to go after some begging and pleading.

Ever since Zac, annouced MY pregnancy, I haven't been able to have any fun. 24/7 someone was watching me or with me. I barely got to go outside of the house and Derek has been carrying me everywhere, like dude my legs still work!

Anyway, back to prom, not surprisingly, Derek was voted prom king. But surprisingly I was voted Prom queen. I thought someone like Opal or Giana would win.

Derek convinced the secretary for us to have the same schedule so he could be with me at school. I never had alone time. I feel like someone is always watching me.

I've been having weird cravings like spaghetti with whipped cream (Don't ask), I've been having these weird mood swings. I just want this baby out of me so I could be normal again (Well kind of).

I was sitting on Derek and I's bed when my mom came in.

"Honey, you ready?" I nodded and stood up. "You okay? Does anything hurt? Are you hungry? Do you-"

"Mother, I'm fine!" I assured her. She gave me an apologetic smile and we walked downstairs. I was greeted by Derek doing his regularly check up. As in,'Are you okay?' 'Are you hungry?' 'Do you want to lay down?' 'Do you have to pee?'.

"No Derek, I am fine, now can we go?"

At the graduation, the graduating class was sitting up front.

After the principal made his boring ass speech it was time for me to make my speech. "...and please welcome the senior class president, Valedictorian, and Captain of the Cheer Squad, Emeli Sanders!"

Everyone cheered as I made my way up to the stage. I stood in front of the podium and hesitated.

I said my speech. "..and as Ellen DeGeneres says,'Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.'"

The crowd applauded me as I step down. As I walk back to my seat, I catch a glimpse of Giana.

Ever since Zac died, she's been depressed. She stopped talking to people, she became too skinny, and she's been taking these depression pills. She's been looking dead lately, I just hope nothing happens to her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

"...Isabelle Bolt. Captain of the Gymnastics Team." Isabelle walked on stage and shook the principal's hand, vice principal, and dean's hand before getting her diploma and walking back to sit down.

"...Giana Cooper." Giana stood up and scurried on stage, repeating Isabelle's actions, and going to sit down.

After he called Hannah, Chelsie, Parker, Trevor and other people it was my turn.

"Ms. Emeli Sanders. Valedictorian, Student body president, and Captain of the Cheer Squad" People applauded as I walked on stage and did the madatory shaking of the hands and took my diploma. I walked off stage and sat back down next to Derek.

" Aaron Sanders." Aaron did the same as everyone else and sat down. After what felt like a million names it was Derek's turn.

"Derek Walters. Quarterback of the football team and quite a troublemaker." The principal grumbled.

Derek, the clown he is, runs on stage, takes the diploma and the mic. He pointed at a random guy," Fuck you," Points to another random guy," Fuck you," Points to a random girl," Fuck- ew no thanks." Points to me," You're cool." Points to a random person," Fuck you. I'm out"

He then walks off stage leaving everyone in tears laughing their butts off. "Thank you, Mr. Walters. Now, can I have the senior class please stand." We all stood.

"Please move your tassels to the left side of your cap." We all obeyed orders.

"Congratulations class of 2012!" We all threw our hats in the air and celebrated.

That's when I noticed, Giana was still sitting. Actually she wasn't moving at all.

I ran to her row and in front her and gasped. There they were, her depression pill bottle open.

She overdosed... I screamed for help. "SOMEONE HELP SHE ISN'T BREATHING!"

Some people stopped while some didn't hear me. But everyone who did hear me gathered around. "What happened here?"

The principal asked. "She overdosed! She overdosed on her depression pills!" I said crying.

She's too young to die. Despite what she has done to me in the past, she's changed and she doesn't deserve this. Why did she have to commit suicide? I was shaking and tears were coming down my face, ruining my makeup. The paramedics came and took her in the ambulance, even though they said it was pretty much useless.

I showed them her pill bottle and they examined it. "Ah yes, these can be fatal if you take too much." Paramedic #1 said.

I was still shaking and I felt strong arms snake around my waist. "Baby, you have to calm down, all this stress is bad for the baby." He whispered in my ear. I nodded trying to calm myself down. I know she's been depressed but I didn't know it was this bad.

I couldn't help but think that this was all my fault. If only we imprisoned Zac instead of killing him would Giana still be alive and healthy. I am the cause of two deaths, that just made me cry even more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was in our room curled up on the bed while everyone else is downstairs celebrating. I can't celebrate when I know that I am the reason two people are dead. Giana shouldn't be dead, I should.

Then I was surprised, I felt a kick. The baby's trying to communicate with me. I felt my lips curl at the edges just thinking about it.

There was a single knock at the door and I turned around. Derek was standing there. "Baby, you okay?" He asked sitting next to me,"Why aren't you downstairs with everyone else?" He asked concerned.

I sighed,"I am not just in the mood."

He gave me a look. "Please? I hate seeing you like this."

I gave him a small smile,"Okay."

We got downstairs. It was pretty crowded. Since I couldn't drink, Derek handed me a water.

I looked at him,"You can go hang out with your friends now."

He looked at me,"But I would rather hang with you-"

"No mister, you are going to go have fun and I mean it!"

I push him away,"Now go have fun!" He sighed and walked away. I just stood there looking around as everyone else was drinking alchohol, I was drinking a bottle of water. And I was the only pregnant one. I sure do know how to blend in.

As I watched everyone have fun, the guilt started coming back to me. I sigh as I just take another sip of my water just trying to forget this day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Who was surprised that Giana died?

Don't know when next chapter will come out, have writer's block right now :p

Love, Lily XOXO