Everything is Not What it Seems

Today was Spring Formal, and My Birthday. I didn't plan this too well. After receiving a million happy birthday's, I went upstairs to get ready to find a box on my bed with a note attached.

Dear Emmy,

Please wear this dress for the Spring Formal. I've been searching for the perfect gift for you since you gave me the perfect gift. I know I made a HUGE mistake rejectting you, but I swear I wasn't thinking right. Kind of like a spell, ya know? Anyway this is only the first half of your present, the rest will be waiting at the dance.

XOXO Your mate,

Derek.

I opened the box and pulled out the dress. I took my breath away. It was a mermaid style white dress, but the top part had rhimstones on it and the part wear it flares out is all white. It was beautiful! I already had a dress, but I'll save that for another time. But, I was mad he spent all of this money on me. God, I found the price tag and it was practically $1,000!

I put it on a gawked at myself in the mirror. I hugged all my curves in the right places and makes my boobs look bigger. I put on mascara, eye liner, blush, and pink lip stick. I put my hair in loose curls and slipped into my heels. Already having my flats if I get tired.

I walked downstairs and was blinded by a flash. "Since your mom and dad are on a vacation with the rest of the elders, I have to be here to take pictures." Brenda said cheesing.

Brenda volunteered to stay behind and watch over us. "You look gorgeous honey! I see you decided to give the dress a try?"

I looked down at my dress," Yeah I guess." I walked over to Zac. "You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear pecking my lips. flash.

We looked at Brenda. "Sorry, but that was just too cute!" I noticed something when we kissed, I didn't feel those same sparks that I've been feeling for the past two weeks, what's going on?

The dance was on full swing. I haven't seen Derek yet and for some reason I was itching to see him. It's not like I really want to see him but I can't help it. A true mate's bond will never be broken and I will always have strong feelings for him.

Trust me it isn't because of the dress, the last thing I will be labeled as is a gold digger.

I was tapped on the shoulder and I turned around.

Giana.

"Um, Emmy, I know this isn't something you tell someone's girlfriend, but I love Zac." Well that's straight forward, oh well that isn't something I don't know.

I nodded,"I know that's why I've been trying to break our bond, but I think I already did it. I don't feel those same sparks anymore, and when you come in the room he's happier. I can't detain true love, so go ahead." She lit up.

"Thank you soo much!" She squeezed me.

"I promise I'll be nicer to you, promise!" She then went off to find him.

Just as she left we heard someone tap a microphone. I looked towards the stage and Derek stood there. Right now, he was the only person I saw, even though the room was packed. His smell was so intriguing.

Oh no.

I only have one mate, again.

"Uh, hey um, I'm here to fix a big mistake. Emmy, this is for you." He smiled when he seen I had the dress on.

"If you ever leave me baby,

Leave some morphine at my door,

'Cause it will take a whole lot of medication,