002. 𝗩𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗛𝗶𝗿𝗲

Everybody needs a place in the world. Some people are born to theirs. Some people discover theirs. And some people make a place for themselves. But then the world around them changes, and the place they made is gone.

We were all in the Academy, split into two teams. Astrid, Fishlegs, and I were on one side, while Snotlout and the Twins were on the other. Hiccup was at the front, standing at a chalk board.

"Every dragon has its own unique abilities that give it its special place in the world," Hiccup began, "Which dragon makes the best welding torch?"

"Oh! Deadly Nadder!" Astrid answered.

"It's magnesium flame burns with the heat of the sun!" Fishlegs explained.

"Correct! Point to Team Iris," he marked it on the board, "Score is now 100 to 10."

"And you started with 10," I smirked at the other team.

"Oh, yeah? Well, the game's not over," Tuff looked at me, "Wait, what team am I on?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes, with my hand running over my face.

"Next question," Hiccup ignored Tuff's question, "What is the shot limit of a Hideous Zippleback? Team Snotlout."

"I don't think they can count that high," Astrid snickered.

"Oh, really?" Ruffnut asked, "Let's find out! Barf! Belch!"

She signaled to her dragon, and he shot six fire balls at the wall behind us, making us duck.

"Looks like that's about three," Tuffnut said, holding up only two fingers.

"Told you we could count that high!" Ruffnut came back to what Astrid had said earlier.

"It's six," Hiccup told them, bursting their bubble, "You were half-right. Five points."

"Yes! We're up to 30!" Ruff and the others high-fived each other.

"Alright, it's our turn," Astrid stood up, "What happens when you shoot fire at the owner of a Deadly Nadder?"

She whistled for Stormfly, having her shoot spikes at the three, pinning them to the wall.

"No fair! She didn't give us time to answer!" Tuffnut shouted, and I walked over, taking the spikes out.

Snotlout jumped down, walking over to his dragon.

"I've got a question. What happens when I sic Hookfang on you?" He looked at Hookfang, who was resting.

"Okay, guys, that's enough training," Hiccup stopped the interaction, "So... we did some really good work here today."

"Prepare to face the Monstrous Nightmare!" Snotlout exclaimed, still ready to fight.

He got onto the dragon and pat his head. Suddenly, Hookfang set up in flames, burning Snotlout's butt.

"AHH! THAT'S THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK!" Snotlout screamed, running to a trough of water, jumping in. "Aahhh, sweet relief."

"Hookfang never flames up when you're riding him," Hiccup walked over, "Is he okay?"

"Maybe he just realized who is owner is," I said sarcastically.

"There's room in here for three," Snotlout smirked at Astrid and I, and she took him by the helmet and shoved him into the water.

We high-fived and walked out of the Academy with the others.

xxx 

Hiccup and I walked through the plaza, our dragons with us, when we noticed Gobber trying to do sell something.