017. 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸 𝗕𝗼𝗴

Everybody has lost something they thought they couldn't live without. Sometimes to find it again you have to be willing to do anything. Even look fear right in the eye. Just make sure you don't blink.

Thornado let out a loud roar as we soared over the ocean. Gobber sat behind Dad, and Hiccup and I followed closely behind them.

"Where is he? He's been late before, but never this late..." Dad muttered, looking around.

"Are you sure Trader Johann even has it?" Gobber questioned.

"I'm sure!" he exclaimed. "I heard from Jorgenson, who heard from Stevenson the Shepherd, who talked to Toldstad the Fisherman, who said he saw Johann put it on his boat himself."

"Well, it doesn't get any more sure than that," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"You know, it might help if we actually knew what we are looking for," my brother shrugged.

"We're looking for Johann," he shot back, "That's all you need to know."

We took off and flew back home. We landed back on the docks at home, and we all hopped off the dragons. "Not to worry, old friend. It'll arrive safely and in good time," Gobber patted his shoulder.

"C'mon, girl," I scratched Comet's chin, "You and me are going on a little field trip." We started walking towards the village, and Hiccup caught up with me.

"W-Wait, Iris, where're you two going?" he asked.

"We're gonna find Trader Johann and get whatever Dad's looking for," I told him, continuing to walk.

"Well, Toothless and I are coming," he turned to his dragon, "Aren't we, bud?"

"Okay, let's get some supplies from the Academy, and leave before anyone notices we're gone," I nodded, and we ran off, heading to the Arena.

XX

"Okey dokey. We'll start in the west islands and work our way back," he said as Comet and Toothless handed us some canteens with their mouths, letting us put them in their saddlebags.

"Back from where?" Astrid inquired as she landed Stormfly next to us.

"Uh, ju-just a quick spin around the island," I quickly lied as she went over to our bags, taking out the food.

"Uh-huh... Quick spin, huh?" She held up a fish and some water. "With enough food to feed Snotlout's whole family?"

"Did I hear my name? Oooh! Do I see a salmon?" Snotlout took the items from her, taking a bite and a sip, then tossing the container behind her.

"Uh... Alright," Hiccup gave in, "Look, if you must know..."

"And we must," she smirked, crossing her arms, and Snotlout made noises as he chewed.

"We're going to do something for our father," he sighed. The obnoxious Viking made more noises, and I noticed some crumbs flying out of his mouth.

"Oh, Gods... Okay," I shook my head at him, "Trader Johann is bringing something for him, something important and he should have been here by now."

"You're not eating this fish, are you? Because it's delicious!" Hookfang snatched it out of his hands. "Hey!" He snapped his fingers, and he spit it back up, allowing him to take another bite.

"When do we leave?" She steered the conversation away from him, smiling at us.

"We need to go alone," Hiccup stopped her, "If we all disappear, our dad will get suspicious."

"Go alone? You two without us? Ha, ha! Like you could handle anything if we weren't there to bail you- ugh..." Snotlout started choking on his fish, grabbing his throat. "Help!" He said, his voice strained. Astrid slapped his back, and the fish flew out. He kneeled on the ground, still rubbing his throat. "Out..."