006. 𝗔𝗹𝘃𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝘂𝘁𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘁𝘀

There's an old Viking saying: "When your friends are roasting on the spit, you're the one who's feels the fire." Mildew has made the entire village believe that dragons are too wild, that we all can't live together in peace. He's wrong, and Hiccup and I are going to prove it.

All the Riders and I searched the beach for the Zippleback boots and Nightmare claw. After Hiccup and I had told them about what we saw, they were willing to help look since they wanted their dragons back.

"Arrrrrrgggh! We've been here for hours, and we haven't found anything!" Snotlout complained.

"We've been here for ten minutes! And you've done nothing than build that!" Hiccup pointed to the structure Snotlout had built out of sticks and things like that.

"That is Snotlout Manor. And all I need now is a queen," he turned to Astrid and me, raising his eyebrows.

"Ugh," we both groaned.

Tuffnut quickly looked from me to Snotlout, looking a little nervous, then started jumping on the 'Manor'.

"Argh!!!" he yelled.

"What-What are you doing?" Snotlout asked, surprised.

"Storming the castle," Tuff smiled, glancing at me, and I smiled back.

Ever since he kissed me on the boat, the feelings I had caught were starting to become bigger.

"Come on, guys! I'm telling you; Mildew framed our dragons!" Hiccup pushed.

"We saw dragon feet in Mildew's House, and we watched him throw them into the ocean," I stepped up.

"I don't mean to be Norbert the Negative," Fishlegs said in a nervous tone, "but the ocean is really, really vast. And our chances at finding those dragon feet are as good as Snotlout and Astrid-"

"Don't go there," she glared at him.

"Going nowhere," he quickly said.

"Look, Fishlegs is right," she admitted, "Even if Mildew did throw them in the ocean, they're not just gonna wash up on shore here."

"I have to agree with Astrid," I crossed my arms.

"I found it!" Snotlout called out.

"Great! Ehm... you were saying?" Hiccup smirked, running over to him.

"I haven't seen this since I was a baby," he stood up, however, holding a bludgeon, and hitting himself a few times, "You never forget your first bludgeon."

"Just keep looking..." my brother sighed, and I raised an eyebrow at him, and he looked away.

"Look, Hiccup, I saw what you saw, too," I put my hand on his shoulder, "but I just think this is wasting our time, and instead we should be trying to prove it to dad."

"He won't listen if we don't have valid proof," he responded.

"Maybe. But maybe he won't," I shrugged, walking over to Astrid, "Just think about it."

xxx

"We're telling you! We saw a pair of Zippleback feet in Mildew's house," Hiccup tried to convince dad and Gobber back at our house, "He must have used them to make the footprints of the dragon who supposedly stole the boots."

"Well, then let's go have a look at them," dad agreed.

"Yeah. Uh, there's gonna be a problem with that," I rubbed the back of my neck, "I also saw him throw them into the ocean..."

"I know you're upset about the dragons, kids, but you're gonna need evidence to accuse a man of high treason," dad shook his head.

xxx