004. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗧𝘄𝗼𝘀

"Follow me! Low-level evasive maneuvers!" Hiccup shouted at us as we flew through the forest. "Come on, bud!"

When you're riding a dragon, communication is key. You almost have to read each other's minds. Or else...

"Hey! What are you doing?! Are you trying to kill me?! We gotta go back!" Snotlout shouted as Hookfang flew through the trees. "I think you missed a branch! Got it!"

And you have to have an open mind, because sometimes, your dragon knows better than you.

"Comet, up!" I told her, coming up on two trees that were leaning on each other.

She ignored me, however, and tossed me above the trees, and she went below them. She caught me on the other side, and I slowly breathed out.

"You were right, Comet. It was down," I looked over my shoulder, back at the trees, "I almost died."

"Almost died?" Snotlout came next to me. "I would've died!"

He took a twig out of his nose, then Astrid flew over to us.

"That's a good look for you," she smirked, and he smiled, putting the twig back.

"Has anyone seen Fishlegs?" Hiccup asked.

"I saw him yesterday. Does that count?" Ruffnut tried to help.

"I'll help you look," I offered, and my brother and I went off.

We then found him, and him and Meatlug were stuck in a tree.

"Oh, there you are, Fishlegs," Hiccup got off Toothless.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, getting off Comet as well.

"I'm fine. Just hanging out. It's not like I crashed or anything. Okay, I crashed," he admitted, "There, I said it."

Hiccup reached up and tried to pull him down, but only ripped off his pants.

"Oops," he slightly cringed.

"And there goes my dignity," Fishlegs sighed.

"Yeah, you're pretty stuck," my brother groaned.

"I think I know how to get you down, but you have to stay perfectly still," I told him.

"Why? What are you going to do?" He tried to look at me.

"Careful, girl," I gestured for Comet, "he's not wearing any pants."

"Huh? Wait a second, what does my lack of pants have to do-" he was cut off by Comet shooting him out of the tree, and Toothless catching him. "OH! Thank you. Um, I believe those are mine." He took his pants back from Hiccup, putting them on.

"Now, what're we gonna do about Meat..." he started, but she fell out of the tree she was in, "...Lug?"

"Can you not tell the others Meatlug broke the trees?" Fishlegs walked over to his dragon. "She's sensitive about her weight."

"How did this happen?" Hiccup asked.

"I don't know! I was just flying along, taking notes on the flora and fauna... typical guy stuff," he kicked a rock, "And something weird jumped out of the bushes. It was like a... flaming squirrel."

"Really? A flaming squirrel?" I asked, skeptical.

"Or a chipmunk. Or some other flammable rodent. I don't know you two, it scared us. Isn't that enough for you?" Fishlegs whimpered, flying off.

"Did you hear that? A flaming squirrel," I chuckled, looking at Comet and hopping on.

"Everyone knows there's no such thing as a-" Hiccup started as we took off, but something on fire zoomed past us, making us crash to the ground, "FLAMING SQUIRREL! Woah! You saw that, right?"