015. 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆

They say two heads are better than one; which is often true, but four heads? Eh, that's a few heads too many.

The wind pushed my hair behind me as we flew through the clouds. We were working on one of our training exercises, where it was all about trusting our dragons.

"How are we supposed to see up here?" Ruffnut asked, frustrated.

"You're not," I shook my head, "That's the whole point."

"Oh. Nah, I still don't get it," Tuffnut shrugged.

"When you two can't see, you have to trust Barf and Belch to see for you," Hiccup explained, "Like this." He steered Toothless deeper into the clouds, allowing him to take the reins.

"Why does he always have to speak in riddles?!" he exclaimed.

"I say we trust us," she looked at her twin, completely ignoring the directions that my brother gave.

"Yeah, I'm with you, sister," he agreed, "Belch, down!"

"Barf, up!" Their different instructions sent their dragon mixed signals, causing them to spin in around in circles, which made them crash into Fishlegs and Meatlug.

"Oh, Thor..." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

It knocked all three of them out of the sky, and they landed on a few tree branches beneath them.

"What happened there?" Hiccup asked as he came out of the clouds.

"I honestly have no idea," I looked back at him. I then turned my attention back to the others, and I noticed their branch was starting to break.

"Belch, get me down!" Tuffnut ordered.

"Barf, go for help!" Ruffnut countered, and once again, they went spinning in a circle.

Fishlegs then took control of the situation and whistled for Meatlug. She looked down at him, and he made some sort of signal with his hands. She seemed to understand because she flew down and picked the Twins up just before their branch broke.

"It worked! I can't believe it actually worked!" He smiled proudly, but then his limb made a cracking noise, and soon broke, but right before he started to fall, Hiccup swooped down and grabbed him.

"What was that hand thing you were doing?" I asked, smiling curiously.

"If you must know, I have been crafting some rudimentary hand signals for Meatlug just in case we get separated, and they seem to have been well-received," he answered, and Hiccup nodded.

"Hand signals...that's incredible, Fishlegs!" he praised.

"Yeah, I know!" he said excitedly.

"We need to start working on those right away," I urged, and we all flew back to the Academy.

XX

We were all back at the Arena, and we had been working on these 'Hand Signals' for the whole day. Now, we were showing each other what we had accomplished.

"Toothless, battle ready!" He made a fist with his hand, and his dragon bared his teeth, getting in position. "Toothless, plasma blast!" He pointed down, then threw a shield into the air, letting him fire at that. "Good job, bud. Smile." He traced his mouth as he smiled, and Toothless did the best he could to copy him.

I nodded at their progress, then moved on to my own dragon. "Comet, tail trip!" I moved one of my hands around, and she spun around in a circle, knocking a barrel against the wall with her tail. "Comet, multiple blast!" I pushed my hands outward, and she shot three times at a target. "Comet, sky!" I made my hand a fist, then opened it, and she took to the air. "Good girl," I smiled at her, and she landed next to me. I scratched her chin, and she roared happily.