003. 𝗔𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲

Here on Berk, we made peace with the dragons. We're finally living and working together...and it only took us three hundred years. There's one slight problem... we forgot to tell the animals.

It was a chilly day, and I was flying around with Comet, trying to warm up. It had snowed a few days ago, and we decided not to do any training, just having fun. As I was flying, a snowball came out of nowhere and hit me. I gasped, stopping Comet. I looked in the direction it came from, I saw two familiar helmets sticking out from behind a small mountain of snow. Instead of calling them out, I flew down to their level. Thanks to Night Furies having padded feet, I touched down, and peeked to the side of their hiding spot, smirking.

"Ahh!" I yelled, scaring them.

"AHH!" They screamed in unison, jumping.

"Iris! Oh, Thor," Ruffnut grabbed her heart, "you scared me."

"Yeah, me, too," Tuffnut sighed, "But Ruff, you should've seen the look on your face! It was priceless!"

"Oh, shut up," she punched him in the arm, "you should've seen yours!"

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes.

"Well, I heard that Mrs. Hackard made some Hot Cocoa and left a few mugs in the Great Hall," she went over to Barf, getting on, "Tuff, you wanna come?"

"Uh, I'm good," he shook his head, "I kinda already drank three cups."

"Of course, you did," she groaned, taking off.

"So that's what's on your lip," I smiled, pointing the chocolate on his upper lip.

He quickly looked away, wiping his mouth. I giggled, Comet brushing her tail in the fluffy snow. That's when I got an idea, and picked up a hand full of it. When Tuff wasn't looking, I threw it at him. He froze for a second, before turning to me.

"Ok...I see how it is..." He slowly walked to the right, before grabbing a bunch of snow and tossing it at me, making me momentarily blind.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, wiping my face, but when I looked around, Comet was just sitting in front of me. "Tuffnut?"

I walked forward, and suddenly a bucket of snow got dumped down my back. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, and I slowly turned around. Tuff was standing there, a smile forming on his mouth. I, however, didn't really find it funny.

"AGH!" I yelled, tackling him to the ground.

"What the-?!" When I got him to the floor, Comet took this as a sign to jump in, pawing Tuff.

After a moment, I flopped next to him, both of us laughing.

"I gotta try that on Ruffnut sometime," he chuckled.

I smiled, standing up, helping him as well. I walked over to my dragon and hopped onto her back.

"Wanna come with?" I held out my hand, offering for him to come on my saddle.

"Sure," he took it, "Where are we going?"

"A place," I smirked, and tapped Comet's head.

She quickly took off, and we flew over to the mountains. Tuff was a little surprised at the sudden flying, and he grabbed my waist. As we flew, we noticed Astrid and Hiccup sliding down the hills.

"Hey, look," I pointed them out, "Astrid! Hiccup!"

They both looked up and smiled.

"Hey, Iris!" They yelled.

They started playfully fighting with each other, but then I noticed an avalanche coming down the cliff.

"Hiccup! Astrid!" Tuffnut shouted down, gasping.