The Rise of Eight

Centium City

"What is with all the secrecy, Mr. Davenport?" Bree says as she, Chase, Mr. Davenport, and I walk out of an elevator.

"Yeah, where are we?" I say.

"You are on the 110th floor of Davenport Tower, the most technologically advanced skyscraper in the world." Mr. Davenport says. He opens the door with a keycard and we walk into a huge room. "And this...is your new home."

"Whoa, check out that view," Chase says, walking over to the window.

"Cool. I have to show this to Kyle." I say, pulling out my phone and taking a selfie of me by the large window. Once I took the picture, I sent it to Kyle. After our date on the beach back at the academy, Kyle and I have been doing this long distance thing since I moved to Centium City while he is still in college back at Mission Creek. We have been non stop talking and texting each other for the past couple of months. Although it is hard not being able to see each other as often as we like, I still couldn't be happier.

"Seriously, this place is amazing," Bree says.

"Not bad, huh? This penthouse is where I spent my years as a bachelor. Boy, if these walls could talk. Actually, they can talk. Walls off, walls off." Mr. Davenport says, running to his tablet and turning off the walls. "You know what? Uh...let's go out onto the terrace. I want to show you something."

We follow Mr. Davenport onto the balcony and we see a strange-looking holographic emblem floating in the room. "This holographic emblem represents your new team. Or as I like to call it, an Elite Force." Mr. Davenport says.

"Cool. When do we get to meet the others?" Chase says.

"Right now." Mr. Davenport says.

"This is so exciting," I say to Bree and Chase as Mr. Davenport walks over to the emblem. He swiped the emblem and standing behind it was Kaz, Oliver, Skyler Storm, Blake, and Stefan. My smile fades when I see Stefan as I did not expect him to be a part of this new team.

"I used a 3-D hologram wall. Kaz, Skyler, Oliver, Blake, and Stefan have been standing there the entire time." Mr. Davenport says.

"Five hours to be exact," Oliver says.

"Let's not forget the two hours we spent rehearsing how to stand," Skyler says.

"Obviously, we needed three hours, because you're still not doing it right." Mr. Davenport says, fixing Skyler's pose.

"Hey, Cassie." Stefan smiles when he looks at me.

I was still in shock at seeing Stefan and didn't say anything until Bree slightly nudged me from behind. "Uh...hi, Stefan. Not that I'm not happy to see you or anything but why are you here?" I say.

"Well, when Mr. Davenport came to me and Blake and offered us a chance to be a part of a new team of superhumans. We couldn't turn him down. So...here we are." Stefan says.

"Here you are," I say.

"Is everything going to be okay between you two?" Blake says.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. Everything is great. Why...why do you ask?" I stammer.

"No reason. Just checking." Blake says.

Chase turns to Kaz, Skyler, and Oliver. "It's great to see you guys." Chase turns to Mr. Davenport. "What are they doing here?"

"Mighty Med Hospital was destroyed," Skyler says.

"What?" I say.

"This is all that's left of it," Kaz says, showing us a picture of the destroyed hospital on his phone.