The Intruder

"Kaz, buddy, there's plenty of room over here. You don't have to eat on the floor." Chase says as he, Kaz, Blake, Bree, Skyler, Stefan, and I eat lunch on the terrace.

"I'm not eating on the floor. I'm preparing my food on the floor." Kaz says. He stands up and shows us a rake with hotdogs on it.

"Ooh, my favorite. Hot dogs on a rake!" Oliver exclaims running over to the rake.

"Wow, you actually made tubes of random animal parts even more disgusting," Bree says.

"Hey, they only look gross because I haven't grilled them yet," Kaz says. He uses his fire abilities to cook the hotdogs. Once they were done, Oliver and Kaz each took a hotdog. "Who's disgusting now?" When Kaz takes a bite out of the hotdog, he spits it out and pulls a leaf from his mouth. "Wet leaf."

"Yeah, you do know I just used that rake to clean the gutters, right?" Blake says.

"Mmm, you can taste yesterday's rain," Oliver says.

"You boys are ridiculous. Your powers are a gift. You shouldn't be wasting them on trivial things." Skyler says, getting up from her chair.

"Yeah, you guys are always using your powers when you don't have to. Yesterday Oliver flew across the street just to go to the grocery store." I say.

"That was an emergency. We were out of Loopy Loops." Kaz says.

"You think that's bad? For the past month, Cassie has been using her phasing abilities to walk through doors instead of opening them." Stefan says.

"Oh, please, it has not been a month. I have been doing that since before I even met you." I say.

"It's true. Cassie has been phasing through doors so many times that she basically forgot how to open them." Chase says.

"I know how to open doors. Don't be so ridiculous. Let's see..." I say as I try to remember how opening doors works.

"You see, girls are just as bad. When Mr. Davenport called, you used your vocal manipulation to pretend to be me." Kaz says, looking at Bree.

"Okay, calm down. All I said was..." Bree talks in Kaz's voice. "Bree's not here. Stop calling me, old man."

"Oh, so you made me look bad?" Kaz says.

"Yes, that was the goal. And, yes, I occasionally use bionics to make my life easier. But I can stop when I want. You guys are the ones that have no control." Bree says.

"Oh, really? Well, then I propose a challenge. Guys versus girls, to see who can go the longest without using bionic abilities or superpowers. Last man or woman standing wins." Kaz says.

"You're on," Bree says. She stands up from her chair and shakes Kaz's hand.

"I'm in," Chase says.

"Me too," Skyler says.

"Me three," Blake says.

"Count me in," Stefan says.

"I'm down," I say.

"I just wanna touch Skyler's hand," Oliver says as we all put our hands together.

"Wait a minute. I just realized something. What if I get a vision? You know I can't exactly control those." I say.

"She's right. You never know when her visions can happen." Bree says.

"Okay, how about this? Her visions don't count but the rest of her powers do. If she does have a vision, then this whole deal is off. Got it?" Oliver says.