The Superhero Code

"Lunch is ready," Oliver says as he, Chase, Stefan, Blake, Bree, Skyler, and I stand around in the living room.

"I'll grab the plates," Chase says.

"Oh, just like you grabbed the heart of the girl I love?" Oliver says.

"Still not over me getting Skyler her powers back, huh?" Chase says.

"Nope. And you'll notice your tomato slice is very thin." Oliver says.

"Wow, you showed him," Bree says.

"Yeah, I also skimped on his lettuce," Oliver says.

"Oh, no, stop the madness," Bree says sarcastically. "I will get the plates." When she walks into the kitchen and opens the cupboard, a bunch of plates fall out in pieces. "Why are they all broken? What happened?"

"Well, I was doing the dishes, and I accidentally broke them with my super strength," Oliver says.

"That still doesn't answer why you put them back in the cabinet," Skyler says.

"Because now we have service for thirty-six tiny people," Oliver says. Kaz walks into the room.

"Hey, guys." He says.

"Hey, Kaz, I didn't smell you come in. Did you shower?" I say.

"Yeah, I had to. My younger brother Kyle's coming to visit, and the pen I was chewing on exploded all over my face." Kaz says.

"I didn't know you had a little brother," Stefan says.

"Yeah, well, growing up, Kyle and I never really bonded, but now that he's older and I moved away, I think he misses me," Kaz says. "This is our chance to finally become best buds." We hear the doorbell ring. "That's him."

Kaz walks over to the door and opens it. "Kyle!"

"The bionic people!" Kyle gasps, tossing his backpack to Kaz and running over to us.

"Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're more excited to see them than me." Kaz says.

"I am," Kyle says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So when my mom told me that Kaz was an intern with the bionic people, I just had to come see for myself," Kyle says as we sit in the living room.

"Okay, well, now you saw 'em, so what do you say you and I get outta here and take our chances eating some street meat," Kaz says.

"Kaz, do you mind? The grown-ups are talking." Kyle says. He sits on the couch between me and Chase. "I can't believe I'm sitting next to the Chase Davenport you're my favorite bionic hero."

"I get that all the time," Chase says.

"Really? 'Cause I've never heard that. Seriously. Never. Not one time." Skyler says.

"Wow. She does not like you." Oliver says.

Kyle turns to me. "Wow, Cassie. You're even prettier in person."

"Oh, thank you, Kyle." I smiled.

"Is it true that you can see into the future?" Kyle asks me.

"Yep," I say.

"Awesome," Kyle says.

"Okay, Kyle, your room's all set," Bree says walking down the stairs.

"Thanks. Wait till my friends hear that Bionic Bree made my bed." Kyle says. He runs upstairs to his room.

"Or more accurately, Bionic Bree threw your backpack into an empty room," Bree says.

"Great. So this entire time, I thought he was excited to come see me, but really, he was using me to get to you guys." Kaz says.