They Grow Up So Fast

"Well, congratulations, guys. That was our tenth mission this week." Chase says as we walk into the living room.

"Only ten? It feels more like a hundred. Using superpowers really takes it out of you. My whole body's sore." Oliver groans as he sits on the couch.

"Yeah, mine too," Kaz says. He groans when he sits on the couch. "Oh, it hurts more to sit!"

"Okay, you guys haven't even had your powers that long, and you're already complaining," Skyler says.

"Yeah, um, I have been running hundreds of miles an hour since I was a baby. Don't you talk to me about sore until you have bionic blisters." Bree says, sitting next to Kaz. She takes off her boot and the boys give her disgusted looks. "Rookies." She gets up from the couch and heads upstairs.

"Man, if we feel this bad now, what's gonna happen when we get older?" Oliver says.

"I don't know. Ooh! But I can show you what we'll look like. Yeah, I have this app that ages photos." Kaz says. He takes a photo of Stefan. "That is you at eighty."

"Ugh!" Stefan groans.

"Cute mustache," I say.

"Mustache? Yeah, that's all nose hair." Kaz says.

"Guys, why are you so freaked out about growing older, anyway? It's just a part of life. Personally, I am looking forward to aging gracefully." Chase says.

"Oh, really?" Kaz says. He takes a photo of Chase. "'Cause this is you."

"So? Big deal. That's what everybody looks like when they're eighty." Chase says.

"Dude, that's you at forty," Blake says, looking at Kaz's phone.

"What? Gimme!" Chase says, snatching Kaz's phone out of his hand. "Yeah. You're gonna need a new phone 'cause this one just broke."

Later that day, when everyone changed out of their mission suits, Oliver and Kaz were on the couch groaning in pain when they put ice packs on their arms and legs. Skyler, Stefan, and Blake walk by and give them weird looks. "Just so you know, nothing about this picture says superhero," Blake says.

"Hey, guys. Guess what? Tasha and our baby sister are coming to visit." Bree says as she and I walk downstairs.

"Oh, great! We finally get to meet the woman that has to spend every waking moment with Mr. Davenport." Kaz says. "Never mind us. She's the real hero." Chase walks out of the Hyper-lift.

"Where have you been?" I ask my twin brother.

"Fighting Father Time," Chase says. "Have you seen what I look like on Kaz's app? I'm trying to create a device to reverse the aging process. I've been up all night splitting molecules and splicing DNA."

"Wow, Chase, only you can make the phrase up all night sound boring," I say. Tasha walks into the living room with the baby.

"Hey, guys!" Tasha says.

"Hey, there she is! Guys, this is our little sister, Naomi." Bree says. We walk over to Tasha and talk baby talk to Naomi. Tasha clears her throat.

"Oh, right, and this is, uh, Naomi's mom," I say.

"Aw, she's so cute," Blake says.

"Too bad it won't last," Chase says. "It's only a matter of time before she looks like a wrinkly, old, hairless goblin!" Skyler, Blake, Bree, Tasha, and I just stare at Chase. "Good to see you, Tasha." He steps onto the Hyper-lift.

"So, uh, what's it like having a baby in the house? I mean, other than Mr. Davenport." Stefan says, taking Tasha's baby bag and putting it on the couch.