The Attack Part 1

"So, are you going to let me in?" Kyle says.

"Uh, yeah, please, come on in," I say, letting Kyle walk into the penthouse.

"So, uh, Kyle, buddy, long time no see. How've you been?" Stefan says.

"Pretty good. I'm in my last year of college so I've been busy finishing that up." Kyle says. "What about you guys? Still going out and saving the world?"

"Yep. Somebody's gotta stop those villains from wreaking havoc on the city." Stefan says. "So, what brings you here?"

"Yeah, Kyle. You didn't tell me you were coming. Why didn't you call?" I say.

"Well, I was thinking about calling you, but I thought it would be a good idea to surprise you instead. So, surprise!" Kyle says, yelling the last word, making me jump.

"Yep, you sure surprised me." I chuckle nervously.

"I'm also here because my family is having this big reunion downtown. All of my cousins, aunts, and uncles are flying in from different states. You're totally welcome to come join us. It's been so long since you and I have been able to hang out." Kyle says.

"Y...you know, I would love to go but...I got to..." As I was trying to find the words to say to Kyle, Chase walked downstairs and stopped when he saw Kyle.

"Kyle?" Chase says.

"Hey, Chase," Kyle says.

"Long time no see, buddy. How's it going?" Chase says as the two boys hug and do their handshake.

"I'm doing great. I'm here for a family reunion but I came to the penthouse to surprise Cassie." Kyle says.

"Aw, how sweet is this guy? You were always great at surprising Cassie." Chase says.

"Yeah, yeah. He's great at surprises. But to answer your question, Kyle, I can't come to the reunion because I have to help Chase with one of his nerdy inventions he's been working on." I say.

"What invention?" Chase says.

"Just go with it," I whisper to Chase. "Yeah, I already promised Chase I'd help him. Right, Chase?"

"Uh...yes?" Chase says, still unsure what's going on.

"But we'll hang out later, okay?" I say.

"Um, okay. I guess I'll see you later, then. Bye, guys." Kyle says. He leaves the room.

"Okay, what was that? Why were you acting all weird around Kyle?" Chase says.

"Because Kyle caught me off guard with a surprise visit and he doesn't know I've been dating Stefan," I say.

"You didn't tell Kyle you and I are dating?" Stefan says.

"No. I just haven't found the right time to tell him." I say.

"Well, he's going to find out eventually. You might as well just tell him." Stefan says.

"I will. But this needs to be handled carefully. Just give me some time to think about this, okay?" I say.

"Okay," Stefan says. Chase looks away when Stefan and I kiss.

"Well, now that that's taken care of, I'll be upstairs...barfing," Chase says. He walks upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Um, Oliver. Why did you just send me a text that says I make you feel all tingly inside?" Kaz says as he and Oliver sit on the couch while Skyler sits in the kitchen.