Need for Speed

"Douglas, you're here," I say, hugging Douglas.

"Kaz, Skyler, Oliver, this is our Uncle Douglas. Well, technically, he's our father." Chase says.

"Yeah. Like we'd ever call him that." Bree says.

"Oh. You're the guy who tried to kill them. Nice to meet you." Kaz says, shaking Douglas' hand.

"You, too, Oliver. You know, you're not nearly as scrawny as Chase said you were." Douglas says.

"That's because I'm Oliver," Oliver says.

"Hi. I'm Skyler." Skyler says, shaking Douglas' hand.

"Ah, the alien girl. You know, I'm kind of disappointed. I thought you'd have three heads." Douglas says.

"Don't be silly. You shed the other two when you're a kid, and then leave them under your pillow for the head fairy." Skyler says.

"Hey, Douglas," Stefan says as he and Blake walk into the room.

"Hey, guys. How's it going?" Douglas says as Blake hugs Douglas.

"Oh, you know, saving the world and kicking butt. The usual." Stefan says. Douglas pulls Stefan aside and whispers.

"Still trying to get together with Cassie?" He asks Stefan.

"Working on it, sir," Stefan says.

"I just want you to know whatever happens, I'm with you," Douglas says.

"What about Kyle? You never liked him?" Stefan says.

"Well, he's a great kid and all but I always found him to be a little stuck up. Always bragging about being the quarterback and whatnot. Thinks he's a big shot. Don't tell Cassie I said that." Douglas says.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Stefan says.

"Good news. Skyler just got her powers back." Chase says, breaking Stefan and Douglas out of their conversation.

"And guess who got them back for her," Kaz says, pointing at Chase.

"Okay, it was me." Chase chuckles.

"A little Elite Force gossip. Scrawny is jelly because boring twin got alien her powers back." I say.

"Okay, aliens I can believe. But someone jealous of Chase? Unfathomable." Douglas says. "So...looks like I'll be staying here with you while my brother's gone."

"Where did Mr. Davenport go? I mean, not that I'm complaining. I think I speak for all of us when I say we could use the break." Blake says.

"He went back home. He'll be checking in, but he wanted to be there with Tasha when the baby arrives." Douglas says.

"Probably so he can jam a bionic chip in its neck when she's not looking," Bree says.

"Anyway, my first order of business while I'm here is to design the team's new mission suits," Douglas says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No, you're not, 'cause I'm designing them. I started sketching up a prototype two weeks ago." Chase says.

"I think we can all agree that the guy who created you is much more capable of creating the mission suits," Douglas says.

"Yeah, 'cause Chase can't be trusted with anything," Oliver says. "I mean, I'd like to be on Douglas' team, please."

"I don't know, I mean, Chase is the smartest guy in the world. And he did cure Skyler all by himself." Kaz says, smirking at Oliver.

"Kaz is right. Without Chase's knowledge, Skyler would still be powerless." Stefan says.

"Thank you, guys. And I think we can also all agree that our mission suits shouldn't be designed by anyone who looks like a hipster porcupine." Chase says, turning to Douglas.