Holding Out for a Hero

"I heard an explosion. Did we get attacked by shapeshifters again?" Mr. Davenport says as he runs downstairs to the living room. Kaz, Oliver, Chase, and Stefan were standing by the couch and Chase was using the fire extinguisher to get rid of the fire that burned the table.

Chase gasps when he sees Mr. Davenport is wearing a really tight outfit. "Ahh! No, but could you cover up? I'm seeing a few too many shapeshifting over there." He tosses Mr. Davenport a blanket.

"What happened?" Mr. Davenport asks the boys.

"I'm guessing a combination of gravity and middle age," Stefan says.

"To that." Mr. Davenport says, pointing to the charred table.

"Oh, well, um...Oliver and Chase were talking about science, I got bored, I yawned, um, something flew out of my mouth, and voilà, I set the table on fire." Kaz explains to Mr. Davenport.

"And I gotta say, it was the most awesome thing I ever saw," Stefan says, making Mr. Davenport give him a look. "If you ignore the fact he destroyed your very expensive table."

"He found another superpower. It's a fire grenade." Oliver says.

"Fire grenade? That's lame. I'm calling it my yawn bomb." Kaz chuckles.

"Yeah, 'cause that's much better," Oliver says.

"So wait, you just discovered something you didn't even know you had? How many powers were in that space rock?" Chase says.

"That's tough to say. I mean, it didn't really come with a manual. And even if it did, I probably wouldn't read it." Kaz says.

"This is just like you guys when you unlocked new bionic abilities." Mr. Davenport says.

"Oh, yeah. Except that our abilities come from a highly advanced infrastructure, and theirs come from a magic witch pebble. Woooo!" Chase says.

"Either way, this is a great opportunity for the team. We could teach them to hone their abilities the way I trained you." Mr. Davenport says.

"Superhero school. That sounds like fun." Oliver says.

"School? Ugh, boring!" Kaz says. When he yawns, a fire grenade comes out of his mouth and it sets one of the umbrellas on fire. Chase yelps and uses the fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

"Well, that's the last time that umbrella stand attacks us." Kaz chuckles.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Downstairs in the Mission Command Center, Bree, Skyler, Blake, and I were on our phones when the boys came down in the Hyper-lift. "Good news, ladies. I'm about to teach my first class of superhero school." Mr. Davenport says.

"I'm out," Bree says.

"Me too," Blake says.

"Right behind you," Skyler says.

"I'm actually gonna stay behind. This sounds kind of cool." I say.

"Really? Well, okay then." Bree says. She and Skyler leave.

"Okay, guys, Cassie and I will be your instructors, and Chase and Stefan will be my apprentices." Mr. Davenport says.

"Really? Oh, this is so awesome!" I say.

"What? Why are Stefan and I the apprentices and Cassie gets to be the instructor?" Chase says.

"Because you don't know anything about superheroes and she does." Mr. Davenport says.

"Ha," I say, making Chase glare at me.

"But what about you? You don't know anything about superheroes." Stefan says.