Chapter II: Don't Stay in the Past

DAY III:

Toya was going to get some practice for his next gig, still shaken by Shizuku's death two days ago, with his friends.

"Alright, that's great. Let's do this again tomorrow." Akito said, after many hours of singing.

"Ok! Cya, Toya and Akito!" An said, waving away before walking out of the café with Kohane.

"I'm staying for a bit; I have to do something," Toya told Akito. Akito nodded and walked out.

Toya walks over to his guitar, which he last played a while ago. He looks at it as if he has memories of his past. He put down his microphone, picked up the guitar, and went to the stage, where they all practised. All of a sudden, one of the lights broke and cut Toya's head without warning. The killer then stuffed his head on top of his guitar. They put the guitar on the chair, for everyone to see.

______________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Ena was having a peaceful walk, looking for some inspiration for her drawing. She came past the café her brother normally likes going to.

Doesn't hurt to go in for inspiration.

She walked in and didn't see anyone. Ena turned to one of the stages and saw something strange. She cautiously walked a few paces and stumbled backward from what she saw. Her brother's dearest friend, Toya's decapitated head, was propped on top of the guitar. Ena's heart raced as she tried to process the horrifying sight before her. She couldn't comprehend how such a horrifying scene had unfolded in a place that held so many fond memories of her brother and his friends. The shock and disbelief overwhelmed her.

"Ugh- w-what the heck!?" Ena trembled, frozen in place.

I should tell everyone; they need to know, but... Akito. He will be upset. What should I even do?!

Ena ran out of the café, bumping into Akito, who was going to the same café for some practice. Ena's heart raced as she collided with Akito, her mind racing with the images of the horrifying scene she had just witnessed. She struggled to find the words to explain what had happened, torn between her desire to protect Akito from the disturbing truth and her need to share it with someone who could help.

"Ena? What are you doing?" Akito asked, curious why she ran out of the café, all panicked.

"No point answering; go and get everyone!" Ena demanded, trying not to let Akito in before everyone.

"Alright alright, fine," Akito fumed, annoyed by his sister bossing him around. "I'll be back."

After a short while, he came back with everyone. Ena's face was pale, her hands trembling as she took a deep breath to steady herself. She knew that once she shared the truth, there would be no going back.

"Now what is it about?" Akito asked his sister.

"... Go in." She looked away.

Akito walks in first, and everyone then goes in one by one. When they all gather, Ena points to the stage where Toya's decapitated head is. Minori clapped her hand over her mouth, horrified. Half were shocked, with wide eyes. Akito didn't believe it.

"Are you kidding ...?" Akito turns to Ena and roughly grabs her by the shoulders. "You're not joking?" She shook her head, terrified. He let go of her shoulders, tears forming in his eyes. Kohane and An went up to him and comforted him to the best of their ability, their eyes also tearing up.