Chapter III: Pressure is a Killer

DAY VII:

"... Let's try to do our best once more. Because I will also do my best with you ... all right? Please, Mafuyu—" Mafumom said, her arms stretched out, waiting for a hug from her daughter.

Instead of hugging her mom, Mafuyu ran straight back to her room and slammed the door.

"—Mafuyu!?"

She silently sobs, turns on her phone. She play the 'Untitled' file that takes her to the Empty SEKAI, where she is away from her mom. For the time being.

Empty SEKAI:

Mafuyu sat on the floor, crying. She dislikes the pressure from her mom. She didn't notice the killer walking behind her, ready to pounce. She was pinned to the ground as the killer cut apart her face.

______________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Emu found herself in a not so wonderhoy place. She glanced around, hoping for someone to find.

" ...Huh?"

She found someone lying on the floor. Emu moved closer to the body.

"WHA–?!"

Emu sees Mafuyu's dead body, face ripped apart and bleeding out of her eyes. Mafuyu's eyes stared above the ceiling. Emu stood where she was, scared to simply move.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Her phone started beeping four times before stopping.

"H-huh ...?"

She checks her phone, there's four other 'Untitled' she didn't know she had. She very well remembers having one, not four. 'The World Hasn't Even Started Yet' is her group 'Untitled'. There are also NeedLe, New Edgy Idols, Ready Steady and Composing the Future. She decided to pause 'Untitled' that was playing, which is Composing the Future. She came back to the original position she was before being transported to the Empty SEKAI. She stood there on the spot, trying to process what she just saw.

She took her time going back to the hideout. Nene notices, she runs to Emu, panics on her face. Nene tries to hug her but Emu pulls away.

"EMU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT YOU!"

"A-ah ..."

"Emu? Are you okay?" Ichika asked Emu, genuinely worried.

"Mafuyu's ... dead. In SEKAI."

"What!?" Everyone replied at the same time, shock filled their faces. Another death, third in a row.

"Another death ...?" Saki replied, her hand on her chest. Emu only nods, looking down to avoid eye contact from everyone. Kanade slumped onto a chair, Mizuki and Ena stared at her with sadness, knowing what she did not succeed in doing.

"I failed to save her ... I didn't compose a song to save her."

"Kanade, please take a break ..." Mizuki told Kanade, worried about her physical and mental health, mostly how she spent all her time composing and never taking care of herself.

"..." Kanade stayed quiet.

"Guys, don't worry. I ..." Honami replied, stopping for a bit. Her hand on Kanade's shoulder. "I will take care of Kanade as her housekeeper." Mostly everyone nodded.

Emu now stays with Nene, Tsukasa and Rui, being more paranoid than most people. Thanks to Honami's promise, Kanade's health seems to get better. Not everyone can forget what happened to the first three people.