Chapter 28

( First of all I want to say that English is not my first language so ignore the mistakes

( First of all I want to say that English is not my first language so ignore the mistakes.)

I put my hand on her trembling hands as we both were sitting in the living room. Her Ammi put the Tea and biscuit plate in front of us while her expressions were nervous. Maybe more nervous than ayesha. In front of me was sitting the man who claimed to be her father but he never did anything a father should do except paying for their studies and stuff. Some parents just can't understand that you can't give your kids anything with money. Not the love they deserve. They will feel as if they are some kind of investment and then you actually use them like investment. Mr Zafar's face was tight; he was looking down towards his feet.

While sitting Ayesha's Ammi asks.

“ So how was the graduation day? '' Her voice held a little bit of fear and nervousness . Ayesha slowly nodded her head clearing her throat. “ The graduation day was good. “ She just said this much. I decided to stay silent because I know she is strong enough to face this on herself. But if they crossed limits I will not waste a moment to do something that is out of ethics.

For a moment of silence Mr Zafar Finally decided to speak up.

“ Today ... I called you both here... For an important discussion... More like I want to— “ He stopped for a moment as if he was thinking something. Ayesha held my hand tightly. And I can feel her body getting cold. I pull her closer, giving her some of my warmth.

“ I want to apologize for some things “ He said but his eyes were still stuck to the ground. Ayesha took a deep breath as if she suddenly couldn't breathe. I rub her hand with my fingers, relaxing her. If I had the choice I would pick her up from here and take her somewhere far away. But then she needs closure and I need to see her happy, not stressed .

“ From your birth to now you have been the best daughter . Not only you but Zoya too. You wanted to become a writer but I forced you into medicine and you didn't say anything. You did amazing in medicine too. Zoya wanted to study more outside Pakistan but I forced her to marry. Now I am happy that she took her own step. Getting under my pleas you silently married Ahad without a single word while you were so young. “ He said, finally looking up. His eyes were a little red as if he was going to cry. Ayesha gulped and just listened to him. She didn't say anything, maybe she was still trying to process all the words.

“ I am so sorry Ayesha. I am really sorry. Maaf kar do . I was not the best father, not even the father you deserved. I was supposed to be your best friend , your role model but I end up becoming the ugliest person in your life. “ He dropped his eyes to the ground. I felt tears on my hand. I looked up and saw her beautiful eyes filled with tears.

“ I am sorry too Ayesha. I never realized that while becoming the best in the eyes of people I lost the bond with my daughters. “

The place went silent again. She didn't say anything till yet. As if her voice is not there. Then she cleared her throat and said.