4.

I was in the midst of sleeping when there was a knock on my bedroom door. "Go away!" I groaned and threw a pillow at the door. I clearly hate mornings. "Avery, it's 10 AM and Cal said Noah texted him and wants to meet us for coffee." I could tell Brent was smirking through that entire sentence. Hopping out of my bed, I put my glasses on, knowing damn well I can't see without them. I wanted to keep my outfit low key since I just rolled out of bed. "Be right there." I called back to Brent and heard his footsteps disappear down the stairs. I tried three different shirts on, knowing they fit me, I just hated the feeling of the tightness around my curves and showing off my body. I threw a pair of black jeans on with we an oversized Ghostface sweatshirt. This will do. A little bit of blush and mascara later, I decided not put my contacts in and made my way downstairs.

"Ready?" Brent asked, waiting at the door jingling his keys next to Cal. "For coffee? Absolutely." Cal, Brent and I made our way to get coffee at a shop called Antidote Coffee. We pulled up and my eyes got wide when I realized it was more than just Noah. Patrick, Spencer, Ricky, Caleb, Noah and Jolly were all waiting for us, a little disappointed we were missing some. I got out of the car and met them on the patio, hugging each of them not knowing when I'd see them after today. I know how this goes, they promise to stay in touch but they never do, but maybe this would be different, Noah said so. I never have high hopes and somehow it was just pure luck running into Noah once more. Luck is a rare thing to come-bye for me.

I sat in between Noah and Patrick as Ricky, Caleb and Spencer were across from us, Jolly, Brent and Cal on the ends. They were all talking tour and cracking jokes, Ricky and I getting into an in depth conversation about coffee. Noah looked down at me. "Doing okay?" He smiled and I nodded back at him returning the smile. "So, Avery." Spencer chimed in.

"So, Spencer." I mocked him, getting an eye roll and a chuckle returned. "Cal and Brent mentioned to me that you like photography?" My cheeks got hot and I sent a glare towards my brother and his best friend, returning my gaze back to Spencer. "Yeah. It's been a passion of mine since high school when I took a class. I really loved it." He looked at me amused. "What made you stop?" I felt awkward opening up a little bit.

I've only known them for not even 24 hours, and not completely open to getting into my past, but willing to give it a try. "Long story short, my dad recruited me to work with him and take over his business one day when he retires." Everyone looked intrigued. "And what do you do?" He pushed. "Well, since everyone here is nosey, I work at Hopkins, one of the largest broker firms in America." Not trying to toot my own horn too much, they all smiled. "Well aren't you just fancy." Patrick chimed in, earning another eye roll from me, my signature reaction. "Well, do you like it?" Noah asked looking down on me, his eyes meeting mine with a smile. "Yeah." I nodded and my brother cut me off. "Bullshit Ave." I shot a glare at him, one that could kill. "Avery likes it but our father basically forced her into it. She's amazing at it but is also incredibly talented at photography and our father is too blind to see neither of us want to carry the legacy of Hopkins. He'd be crushed.

"Can we please stop talking about me." I mumbled. "No." Spencer said with a smile. "I'll be right back." I walked outside and made sure no one was following me, I could tell Noah wanted to. Sure as shit, here comes Spencer and Patrick. "What's going on?" Patrick asked. "Nothing." I was short, looking in the distance. "Avery, you said the same thing to me yesterday. You're not getting out of this. We've all known you for a day and now you're part of the family thanks to your acquaintance with Cal. Spill it, sister." I sighed. I appreciated what he was trying to do, but I still did not fully believe him. "I was embarrassed to tell you yesterday that you guys are part of the reason I'm still here, I've been able to get so much aggression out in such a safe way, a lot of your lyrics really speak to me. I didn't want to come off as a crazed fan girl my first day meeting you." Him and Patrick both laughed. "Avery, you always sound like a fan girl." Patrick poked me in the side and I punched him in the arm. "You know that means a lot. That's nothing. You should see what people put on the internet about Spencer!" Patrick pointed out which caused a shudder from Spencer. "Mhm, I'll pass, probably for the best." We all laughed as Spencer and had an awkward look on his face. "Anyways, I just don't like talking about myself." I almost whispered. Before he could reply I heard footsteps approaching us.

"Everything okay?" Noah joined us, placing his hand lightly on the small of my back that caused shivers down my spine. I nodded, "Yeah, just needed a minute." He smiled sweetly. "Come with me, I have an idea." He grabbed my hand and we all walked back to the group and all eyes were on me, looking like I was about to be interrogated. "Avery, hear me out." Caleb stated. Here we go, what did Brent say? "Are you happy working at Hopkins, truly?" This again? I took a deep breath, they all knew what I was going to say, versus the truth no thanks to Brent. "I don't hate it and I have become passionate about it, and pays the bills well, but I don't see it as my life's calling." I spoke honestly, Brent and Cal looking at me, just knowing they're proud I spoke the truth.

Brent spoke up. "Ave, don't get too mad, but I may have shared your photography portfolio you gave me a long time ago with the guys." I looked down at my feet incredibly annoyed at my brother, but decided to let it go. Noah turned to me, "Avery, these are incredible." He smiled and I could feel the blush creating on my cheeks. "Yeah, seriously, nice work." Spencer and Patrick chimed in as they were flipping through my book.

"So, here's what I propose." Caleb said now chiming in, clasping his hands on the table. "We need a new photographer this tour. It doesn't have to be a permanent thing, but if you want a break from the corporate world, come with us." Everyone nodded around the table. I almost choked on my latte, nervously sipping on it as Noah put his arm around the back of my chair. "I don't know. What would my father say?" My brother groaned. "For god sakes Avery, take the fucking job. Who cares what dad thinks? You have been working your ass off for so long, you deserve to enjoy your time and do something you really love." I knew he was right, I am just still baffled that all of these beautiful humans want to be around me and I don't know why, I'm just me. I looked up and Noah who nodded at me giving me reassurance that this could be a good thing for me.

"Avery, I know it would be a pay cut from the big bucks, as much as I wish we could match you, we'll do what we can it'd be my honor for you to be our photographer and really enjoy life for a while." Caleb seemed so excited and I'm not sure I can tell him no. The fact that Caleb Shomo, a man that has helped me through so much than he'll ever know, wants me to photograph his band. But why me?

I looked at Brent worried. "What about Jaxson and Binx." I can drive up and grab Jaxson and watch him." My brother confirmed. "Bring Binx!" Caleb cheered. "You really want a bus cat?" I questioned him. "Fuck yeah!"

"Okay, well I guess you guys are really stuck with me now." Every single one of them grinned, giving me high fives and Noah gave me a side hug.
Will they really like living with me?
What if I'm in the way?
What if they judge me?