8.

If I could I would hide in this hotel room forever but alas, duty calls.

"So you're telling me that Noah's ex decided to show up unexpectedly to surprise him." I reiterated to Shev in more of a statement than a question in the middle of brushing my teeth.

"Yep. No fucking clue she'd grow balls to show up here. She really hurt Noah. He was all in and she left him." My heart felt heavy as I listened to what Shev had to say while I finished up getting ready. "She's a nasty little bitch.. just be careful. I heard through the grapevine it's a concussion. Maybe she won't remember accusing you. Just go talk to Noah."

I stared at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. "Thank you." I thanked Shev as I embrace her in warm hug. I turned on my heels and headed out the door, dreading this confrontation.

As I got to the hospital, I walked up to the giant white building as the sound of sirens circled my ears. "Hi may I help you?" An inviting receptionist asked. "Hi. I'm here to see Bree Whinton." She nodded and gave me a room number and I was on my way.

As I approached Bree's room, I can see Noah sitting bedside with her, laughing. How do I fucking compete with her? She looks like a swimsuit model. I took another deep breath and knocked on the already open door before intruding. Bree's smile immediately went away. "What is she doing here?" She looked over at Noah, looking disgusted at me.

"Bree.. I'm just here to tell you I'm really sorry.. It was a freak accid-"

She snorted. "You pushed me! Get out, Noah get her out!" Noah quickly stood up to get her to calm down and he ushered me out of the room
and shut the door behind us. "You don't believe me, do you?"

He sighed. "It's not that I don't believe you Avery, I didn't see what happened. Something happened to someone I care about and I'm just trying to support."

I scoffed and immediately got flustered, but confident. "Look. We ran into each other and she fell and I feel really fucking bad about that. But you didn't see what happened, every one blamed me because no one witnessed it that was in the room. I have support from few people and I thought I'd at least have it from you. Please, go be with that someone you care about, I hope she doesn't leave you again this time."

I knew those words would sting him, they stung me just saying them. Tears threatened to prick my eyes as I walked fast paced and arms crossed out of that hospital, but I kept them from spilling.

"Avery!" Fuck off Noah. "Please, Avery!" I turned around to a breathless Noah. "Can we talk about this?" I could see concern in his eyes, and as much as I wanted to give in, not right now. I sighed. "Come talk to me later, Noah." I turned back around and walked the 3 blocks back to our hotel.

***
We in-fact did not talk later that day. Doctor's orders, Bree needed to be watched for her concussion for the next two days and ended up in Noah's hotel room that night and their tour bus the night after, and thank god I get to hide away on Beartooth's bus.

"Why are you still moping?" Caleb jumped on the couch next to me. I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine Caleb." He glared at me. "You know damn well that I am literally the last person you should say that you're fine to when you're not fine."

"I hate when you pull that. I just don't want to be the one to cave, I want him to show up and talk to me." As soon as that sentence left my lips, the bus door opened and Noah's head popped in. "Can we talk?" He asked shyly as he shuffled cautiously on the bus. Caleb tapped my knee and gave Noah a fist bump before leaving me
with Noah now next to me on the couch.

"Noah, I-" Before anything else came out, Noah softly put his lips on mine quickly. "Av, I do believe you, and I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you right away, I should've been. I was just in shock coming off the stage and seeing Bree with blood everywhere. I honestly had no idea that you had any involvement and I am so so sorry."

While his apology was sweet..my thoughts were so consuming. "Are you still in love with her?" I directly looked him in the eyes and could sense he was surprised. "Shev told me everything."

He sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Bree and I dated for a long time. I was fully in love with her, there for the stretch. One day she up and just left with a note and come to find out she left me for another lead singer from another band."

I looked down at my hands and he interlocked his fingers with mine. "Av, if you haven't figured out by now, I'm fucking crazy about you. I don't want Bree, I don't want anyone else. I just want you. I just want you to be mine." He had puppy dog eyes and looked like he was about to cry. I felt the same way he feels about me, crazy about him.

"You're too late. I've already accepted Pat's proposal." I told him, which made him look even more lost. "Oh no baby, I was just kidding. All I want is you." I leaned in and gave him a sweet kiss.