11.

I stood at the very busy McGee Tyson Airport back in Knoxville with my luggage and Binx in his crate. Apart of me was happy to be home. Knoxville is so familiar to me and I loved it here but this time it just felt different without Noah. 40 degrees and sunny. It could be worse. I stood waiting for my dad in the same hoodie that Noah put on the day I met him, taking in the sun as a car that was not my father's pulled up next to me.

  "Need a ride?" I was shocked to see who it was. "Brent?! What are you doing here?!" I was ecstatic to see my brother as he got out of his Mercedes. "I thought I would take the chance and surprise you. And I brought your buddy back." He pointed in his back seat to Jaxson sticking his head out and sniffing the air. "Hi baby boy!" I walked over and gave him a kiss on his snout and a hug. "Let's get you home, shall we?" I smiled and nodded as Brent took my gray luggage and Binx from my hands to load them in the trunk. Binx was a dream on this flight, Jaxson is such a well trained dog and I still wouldnt trust him on a flight.

  Don't get me wrong, seeing my father again will be refreshing however I know he is going to have many questions and probably not going to like all of my answers. With Brent here, things will be a little easier.

  "Sooo." Brent started dragging out the "o" as we pulled out of the airport, wiggling his eyebrows towards me. Here we go. "How's Noah?" I blushed as he asked, and he immediately noticed. "Amazing." I kept it short and simple, not giving away too many details yet. "Details, Avery, details." He's so nosey. "He's just, amazing. He takes care of me, he makes me feel loved and beautiful. I love him, Brent."

  His jaw nearly fell off his face. "Did I just hear the L word?!" I could hear the excitement in his voice and I chuckled. "Yes Brent, I love him. He told me he loved me in the airport." He smiled, and I blushed again. "I'm so happy for you, sis. He seems like a great guy and treats you well."

  A few minutes goes by in a comfortable silence between us as Brent and I softly sing and nod our heads to the music blaring through the speakers until we pulled into my father's driveway. A sense of nervousness washed upon me, expecting excitement by my father to see me, but also slight judgement knowing he is going to want to hear details about my trip.

  Brent and I got out of the car and I took blue Jaxson's leash and Binx's crate while he rolled my luggage up the driveway to our father greeting us at the door. "Avery!" He engulfed me into a hug. "Hi, Dad." I greeted him as we made our way into the massive foyer. I took Jaxson's leash off and let Binx out of his crate, letting them play. "How was your trip?" He asked, handing me a glass of red wine. "Really great." I kept it short and sweet, wanting to avoid any other questions for now. Luckily, he nodded and said no more of the subject.

"How is work going?" I asked. "Stressful without you. Thanks for coming back, we have a lot to talk about." Welcome back to the corporate world I suppose.

- - -

"Hi beautiful." Noah greeted me over FaceTime. "Hi! How's tour going?" I missed seeing a live show every night. Before he could answer, his face was swiftly replaced by Spencer and Patrick's face. "HI AVERY!" They both yelled and I laughed. "Hi guys!" Spencer and Patrick walked away with Noah's phone while he was flailing in the background to get it back before giving up which was extremely comical. "To answer your question, tour is going great, my love!" Patrick exclaimed in his best Noah impression with the goofiest look on his and Spencer's faces.

"Oh, I miss you guys so much but can I pretty please talk to my boyfriend now?" I asked while batting my eyelashes. "Ugh fine, I guess. She doesn't love us, Pat." Spencer pouted. "Oh, stop being a fucking baby, Spencer. You know I love you." He flashed that evil grin that he's famous for as Noah entered into the screenshot. "You hear that Noah? She loves me!" Spencer yelled as he handed the phone back to Noah and ran away.

"Y'all are fools." I said and Noah settled in to a quiet place for him to talk. "A fool for you." He said with the cheesiest, but cutest grin I've ever seen. "I hate you." I chuckled. "I love you."