22.

Noah

  I woke up with a brutal hangover. The sun so bright, and an empty cold bed.

  I think I fucked up.

You think?

  All I saw was red yesterday and I didn't even give Avery the time of day to even explain herself.
My blood boiled, the article was so detailed and really made Avery look like the villain. After Avery stormed out, the guilt started to set in.

  Spencer is the first one to speak. "Noah, I really think you should talk to Avery. She was set up. Marcos is jealous of you, he twisted everything to make Avery seem like she was in the wrong."

"Marcos wants to destroy your reputation. She loves you so fucking much man, she'd never do this to you." Caleb chimes in.

I stare at my coffee cup and furrow my eyebrows thinking hard about my next move. "Alright, I'll go talk to her, I know exactly where she went."

"Noah! How are you?" Carol asks as soon as I walk into the coffee shop with her award winning smile. "I'm great Carol, how are you? Looking young as ever." I smile.

"Oh hush, you." She waves her hand at me and chuckles, already preparing my regular drink. "On the house, sweetie." She hands me the hot thai tea and smiled. "Thanks, Carol." I wave goodbye and scan the room for Avery.

Bingo.

"Av? Can we talk?" I approach and spoke cautiously. She looks so tired, but still beautiful as ever. She doesn't look up for her phone when she replies, "Sure." She is definitely angry, and rightfully so.

"Av-" I am interrupted by my phone ringing. I planned on ignoring it but Avery met my gaze and motions me to answer it causing me to sigh.

"Yes, Jolly." I answer, clearly annoyed.

"Well hello to you too. We need you at the studio in 20. It's urgent." Jolly states. "You're kidding, right?" I roll my eyes. "No sir, sorry. See you in 20." Before I can reply he hung up.

"Duty calls?" Avery raises an eyebrow. "Sorry." I give her a sad smile. "Goodbye Noah." She huffed. She is obviously annoyed as fuck at me. I don't reply, not wanting to make her angrier, I just left.

-

20 minutes later, I arrive at the studio, surprised to see our touring manager Matt here. "Alright, now that everyone is here, we have a tour to announce, tomorrow, and it starts in two weeks. Sorry for the late notice, but this will be a surprise for your fans. They'll love it. We need to start rehearsals, now."

We are all shocked but excited, touring is everything to me, but so is Avery. All I have on my mind right now is making everything right with her.

"Alright, let's get to it!" Jolly exclaims, very excitedly. "Let's start with Take Me First."

"I know I'm gonna die in this bed I made
And I'm drowning in a dream that I can't escape
If I could wake up I'd hesitate"

-

Avery

I know it is not his fault but I am pissed off Noah had to go. I'm pissed off at him, but unlike him, I want to give him a chance to talk and explain himself to make this right.

I stand up from the dark wood table and push my chair in, waving to Carol and Robert telling them I will see them tomorrow. I decide to take the long way home, the scenic route, coincidentally passing the studio Bad Omens are in right now. I do not give the studio even a passing look.

I decide to stop at the beach, it's a beautiful 75 degree day so why not? It is my favorite spot after all. The sound of the waves always relax me and help put my anxiety at bay. I chose this beach because it is one of the less crowded ones. Less screaming kids and people yelling. Did I mention dogs are also allowed on this one? The ocean is tame today, and not a lot of boat or foot traffic over here.

"I thought I'd find you here." A voice says behind me. "Hi Pat." I reply without even turning around. He sits next to me crossing his legs and looked out into the ocean just like I am, not intruding my peace.

I lied in the white sand not caring that I do not have towel with me, and rest my head in Pat's lap as he plays with my hair. "He's going to make it up to you, Avey. I don't think either of you really understand how much you love each other."

I close my eyes and continue listening to the waves, he does not expect a reply from me, he just wants to reassure me. "Are you ready for a tour?" He says out of the blue after a few minutes, which make my eyes shoot open and I sat up, meeting Patrick's gaze.

"Uh, yes! When?" This is exactly what I need right now. "3 weeks." I smile, my first genuine smile in countless hours. I jump up and hold out my hand to help Pat up. We talk a little longer and part ways.

Patrick drove to the beach and offers to give me a ride home but I decline, wanting just a little more fresh air and time to myself. The calm before the storm.

"Avery!" I hear that velvety voice that I'm forever in love with, but absolutely pissed at, call from behind me.

I stop dead in my tracks and turn on my heal to see Noah catching up to me. He must have just been leaving the studio. Impeccable timing. "Can we talk?" I met his gaze, his eyes filled with regret and anxiety. I nod and he grabs my hand, leading me into the studio I had just walked by.

I sat down in the producer's chair as Noah shuts the door behind him and brings another chair right across from me. Our knees touching and it feels like my skin is burning, missing the feeling of his touch.

He takes both of my hands in his. "Avery, I'm so fucking sorry I didn't give you a second to even get a word out. I should have listened. I should have been more trusting." He pleads, but I won't let him get away so easily. I'm still hurt.

"How fucking dare you not trust me, believe me. You are the one person I expect that from as my partner, Noah. You made yourself the victim when it was the other way around. Everyone, besides my friends, were against me. You were against me." I choke up wanting to just curl in a ball. I am willing to forgive Noah, soon, but I refuse to let his actions get swept under the rug. If anything, he's the one that has been by my side and has given me the courage to stand up for myself after all.

I realize I have started to cry. "I cannot lose you, Noah."

"Avery Jane, you will never lose me."

"I almost did." He looks like he's just been shot after I said that, but it's true. He is the one who left, but I'm just as guilty.

"I will spend my life and whatever I can do to make this up. I know I fucked up, and right now all I can do is hope you'll forgive me. It doesn't have to be now. I should have been there. You're entitled to how you feel, I just don't wanna die in this bed I made."

I choke out a laugh. "I'm sorry, did you just attempt to quote yourself?" I cannot help by laugh at his poor attempt.

He cups both of my cheeks with his hands and wipes away the pool of tears streaming down my cheeks, "There is my girl's beautiful smile I've been missing." He smiles and connect our lips. No matter how mad I am, I refuse to pull away, I missed this too much.

"I love you baby." He whispers when he pull away and kisses the top of my head. "Forever and always, my love."