20.

Y'all I can't help but post this chapter, I wanted to keep you waiting but I've had this in my drafts. I struggle with mental health and struggle with anticipation. So if I feel like I want to do something, I need to do it now. I hope I'm not alone. Love you all. Thank you for everything.

Noah

  My mind has been going in circles ever since Jeff visited me a week ago. How the fuck and I supposed to hide this from Avery? From Brent? I shouldn't know this information and I don't know how to process it or what to do. If Avery were to find out, it would be catastrophic to our relationship, to their relationship. It killed me watching Jeff and Avery saying goodbye to each other. They made their peace before we left.

  Avery wrapped her arms around me and stood on her toes to give me a kiss, taking me out of my thoughts. "That's the last of it." All of her things were now in suitcases, three to be exact. Off to California we go. "To start our life together? Absolutely." I kissed her on the forehead and pulled away to roll the suitcases into Brent's car.

  It was a fun ride to the airport, we basically played car karaoke. Brent of course is sad to have his sister move even farther way but he is so supportive and happy for both of us.

-

  The plane ride was the same as usual, I comforted Av during take off and she once again fell asleep in my arms. Jaxson lied on the floor at my feet. I am so impressed at how well he is trained, Avery did an amazing job. Him and I are now best friends and prefers me over Avery. Just kidding. If it was me or that dog, she'd 100% choose that dog, and she's made that very clear. I fully respect that.

  There were a lot of screaming kids on the plane. I'm envious of Avery sleeping because this was the flight from hell. There was a kid behind me kicking my seat, kids screaming and annoying people all around. I was relieved to get off that plane.

  "Home sweet home, my love. Welcome to L.A." She smiled but I could tell she is anxious. The amount of noise and people I know will overwhelm her at first. This is a big step for her, I know she gets overstimulated easily, no fault of her own, and I will do my best to make this as comfortable as possible for her.

  "Hey guys!" Ruffilo hopped out of his car and engulfed me in a quick hug. "Missed you, man." I smiled at my best friend. "Yeah, yeah, get out of my way. Avery!!" He gave me a slight push and squeezed Avery. "I see I've been replaced." I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I hate to tell you Noah, but you're out of the band. The real reason Avery moved here is to take your spot."

  Avery busted out laughing. "I mean, if you want this to be the end of Bad Omens I happily accept. Sorry, Noah." He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

  We all packed into the car, Avery, Jaxson, Binx, Ruffilo and I. We are heading back to mine and Nick's townhome, however Avery and I have discussed house shopping very soon. Jaxson deserves a big backyard, and Avery a space of her own. We also had a conversation so we are on the same page before we made the move. I wanted to make sure this is what she wanted and I was not rushing her in this relationship. She of course said this is exactly what she wanted.

  I fiddled with my thumbs, the thought of Avery's dad plaguing my mind again, I had to keep this to myself though, even though it's tearing me up inside. I pushed it aside as soon as we pulled into the driveway.

Avery

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted as soon as I walked through the door. I was genuinely stunned. There is a banner hanging up that says "Welcome Home, Avey!" and all of my friends. Everyone includes all of Beartooth, Ice Nine Kills, and Bad Omens, Nadia, Shev and even Cal showed up.

  "Oh my god!" I squealed. "Noah, did you do this?!" I looked at him in shock. He looked just as stunned and excited. "Actually, no." I scanned the room and my eyes landed on Spencer and Nadia giggling. "You guys! This is amazing!" I hugged both of them, and everyone else.

  "You deserve this, Avey!" We're so happy you are here." Spencer said, handing me a glass of champagne. "Everyone, I'd like to make a toast to my best friend, Avey! We love you, and so happy you are living your dream!" He announced to the room and everyone lifted their champagne.

  I started to cry happy tears, I cannot believe this is my life. Nadia comforted me and brought a tissue to wipe my tears. "Welcome home, beautiful. I'm so happy you're here." She kissed me on my cheek. "Thank you for this. Seriously." I suddenly started thinking that I wish my father felt this way, but I had to push that aside for now. I hugged her again and walked over to join Spencer and Noah, lost in conversation.

  "Hi, my beautiful girl." Noah looked down on me and pulled me into his side and I smiled back at him. "How does it feel to be here so far, Avey?" Spencer asked. "So far so good Spence, you are all too good to me."

  "If anyone deserves it, it's you." Nadia chimed in, joining Spencer's side. "Let's get this party going, yes?" Nadia pulled me to the kitchen to reveal the drinks, food and games that have all been prepared for the evening. She handed me a shot of Jameson and we tilted our heads back, the burn running down my throat.

  Hours go by and we are all pretty drunk. Some have taken an uber home, some have stayed. Nadia and Spencer were cuddled up sleeping on the couch, Caleb was on the floor, Ruffilo was in his bed and Jolly slept on his bedroom floor.

  Noah and I retreated to our room and before I could get in bed, he had me pinned against the wall.