24.

"Hi there, gorgeous." Noah's hooded eyes flooded my phone screen.
"Hi, babes. How was your day?" I smiled looking at him. He looks extremely tired.
"It's good. Very tired but I cannot wait to be back home with my love. How was the shop today?"
"It went well. I really am enjoying it, especially helping Carol out, I even took the initiative to look for a barista for her. I'm trying to get her some help so she can cut back a little. Are we ready to surprise her when you get back?"
"Yes ma'am, I recruited all of the guys to join us..they insisted."
"AVEY HI!!" The rest of Bad Omens took turns sticking their faces in the frame making me giggle.
"Hi guys! I miss you, I gotta go Noah. I took some photos to promote the shop today and I need to do some editing. I can't wait to see you in two days."
"Alright, I love you sweetheart."
"I love you too, bye."
"BYE AVEY LOVE YOU TOO!" I can hear the guys shouting sarcastically in the background.

Noah and I have been planning a fundraiser for Carol. Richard insisted no funerals or mourning, too bad we all mourned him, but he never said anything about a celebration of life, so that's what we're going to do. He deserves to be celebrated, he was a good man and Carol deserves our help.

Weeks have gone by since Richard's passing and I made Carol take a little bit of time off to go be with her family. The guys loved to idea of saving up some of merch profits for Carol, they didn't have to do it but they wanted to.

Noah gets home in two days on Friday and the fundraiser/celebration of life is on Saturday. I miss Noah but this time being apart from him during this tour is different. Noah makes me feel secure, and I don't worry about other girls, fans or anything anymore, he's helped me get some thick skin with this type of stuff. I feel like a whole new woman with him, a confident one.

- - -
The morning sun is blinding through the sliver of blackout blinds that were left open in our bedroom. I am wrapped in Noah's arms, an electric feeling after he's been gone for two months. I try to wiggle my way out of his grasp but he pulls me closer and starts to pepper kisses on my neck.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He smiles into the crook of my neck.
"Good morning." I turn to face him with the biggest grin on my face as he takes in all of my features, like he hasn't seen me in years.
"C'mon, let's go get some coffee." I yank him out of bed despite his protests.
"Nooo." He whines.
"Noah Sebastian get your ass out of bed we have so much to do today." I whine back.

  He rolls his eyes and grumbles as he literally rolls out of bed. I change into one of Noah's t shirts and my sweatpants before making my way to the kitchen to start the coffee pot.

As I am grinding coffee beans I can feel Noah's hands grasp my hips.
"Something smells good and it's not the coffee." Noah mumbles as his face is buried in my shoulder. His breath against my skin is enough to make my stomach flip flop.
"Don't flatter yourself, Sebastian." I smirked, my eyes not leaving the coffee pot. His hands roamed up the hem of my shirt on my bare skin making my whole body tingle.

"I was talking about you, love." He whispers in my ear followed by nibbles on my ear lobe and slow kisses down my neck to my shoulder.

"Noah.." I tried protesting but it came out as more of a soft moan. He works his hands up to my breasts massaging them and I can feel his hard on pressing against my ass sending a wet feeling to my core. "Just give in baby, you've been working so hard and I've missed you." He spins me around and I can't resist him any more. He crashes his lips on to mine sloppily. I missed the way he tastes and I can never get enough.

He picks me up by my waist and sets me on the counter and wastes no time stripping me down and roaming my body. I reach for the waistband of his sweatpants but he swats my hand away and makes eye contact, his eyes dark. "Let me worship you." I gulp and nod in return.

He pushes me down slowly on the cold granite counter top causing my body to shiver at the contact. Noah starts at my lips and works his way down agonizingly slow to my core. He hovers over it not making contact and skips to my thighs making me whimper. This is going to be a long day.

- - - -

I cannot stop worrying about this fundraiser and celebration of life. I just want it to be perfect for Carol. I slip on my floor length sage green dress and move to the restroom to finish my makeup. I decide on light brown smokey eyes, lashes and a nude lipstick. My jewelry consists of a set of diamond earrings, necklace and my silver watch. I finish up my soft curls in my hair and grab my flats. I absolutely refuse to wear heels because I will not put myself through that pain and I will not make a fool out of myself walking in them.

"Holy shit-" Noah breathlessly says as I walk out of the bathroom blushing like crazy. "My god Avery Jane, you look incredible." He kisses my cheek.

"Not so bad yourself, Noah Sebastian." I tease as I adjust his tie. I look up at him. "Ready to go?" He nods, "But how am I supposed to get you out of the house looking like this?" He glances at me from head to toe.

"I'm flattered, but now is not the time. Tonight is for Carol. C'mon." I take this chance to pull him out of the bedroom towards the front door before he does anything to cause us to be late.

"Avery- Oh my god..this is amazing." Noah says squeezing my hand as we walk into the event. There are silent auction tables, raffle tables, a poker table, a bar that Spencer and Nadia volunteered to bartend, and of course live music thanks to Brian Burkheiser for offering his beautiful voice for the evening. A lot of people are here including Carol and Richard's family and friends, Ice Nine Kills, I Prevail, Beartooth, Brent, Cal and a good amount of the community.

I lied to Carol and told her I would take her to dinner at an event, technically not a lie but she doesn't know it's a event for her. "Oh god Avery, I feel under dressed. You look amazing!" Carol exclaimed. "Oh stop, you look incredible too."

Her and I walk hand and hand into the building and everyone cheers when we get inside. She looks around shocked to see so many people she knows and realization sets in when she looks up onto the stage to see a slideshow of her and Richard. She cries and thanks me and I show her around and explain myself.

"You are an amazing person, Avery." I smile. "We love you Carol, and we want to make sure you are supported through this." She hugs me again as Brian makes an announcement for me to speak.

"For those of you who don't know me, My name is Avery Jane Hopkins. I came from Tennessee a while back to follow the love of my life, Noah, here to make not just his - but my dreams happen as well too. What I didn't know is my dream got a little sweeter when I walked into a coffee shop one day and met Richard and Carol. It was a quiet day at their shop and I sat with my latte and got to know them. Since that day, I have visited that coffee shop a majority of my days here in LA. They have become part of my tribe, my family and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have them forever apart of my life. We love you, Carol. We love you Richard, and will always miss you."