06||troubles

Who the heck gave troubles my address?

|K I R A Z|

"Open your mouth."

He still has that frown on his face, his small hands folded before him.

"Veer." I call out, my tone filled in annoyance. But the child, still ignores me glaring at the food.

I huff a breath, removing the carrot from the rice. I bring the spoon before him, for a minute he analyzes the morsel, then grumbles before opening his mouth and eating it.

"Chew it, properly."

"What happened to him?" Kabir takes the seat beside Veer. I look at him, stopping Veer hands, from scrapng his cheeks with his sleeves.

"Veer, there is nothing? I washed your face." I repeat the same words for the umpteenth time. Continuous wiping has turned his cheeks red.

"What happened to his cheek?" Kabir makes Veer face him, preventing his hand from touching his cheeks. "Veer, is your skin itching?"

"Veer got kissed on his cheek," Kavya emerges from the open kitchen, bringing a bowl of curd and placing it before Veer, then taking a seat in front of him. I scoop some curd, mix it with the rice, and feed him.

Who kissed you, Veer?" Kabir asks, amusement and bewilderment on his face.

"Sheela," Veer grumbles. "Aunty," I add for him, but the boy just rolls his eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes?" I put the spoon down, hands on my hips, gazing down at him sternly.

"Mumma, I exercised my eyeballs." He replies. "Look." He points his finger at his doe eyes, rolling his eyes. My frown deepens, I don't know how this boy twist my every word.

"When I tell you to do it, you don't and out of no where you want to exercise your eyeballs." I scoop the rice, "Mumma, I listen-" I put the spoon in his mouth, "Tho Yohuu." Still, he wants to completes his sentence.