15||a little peak

Trapped

Trapped.

Helpless.

Overthinking.

Has really been a true friend to me. We ain't have made any promises, gave each other hopes, least expectations held, yet it sticked. All I felt was the feeling of being trapped. Helpless many a times. When the neighbor saw me and my child in a question mark scrutiny. Overthinking, all along it invaded my mind.

I moved out of Kolkata, to let myself drink in the elixir of freedom. I thought freedom is really sweet, beautiful, filled with hope. Free from burden, but I remained unknown to the truth that what I known as freedom was aloneness mixed with aloofness. Freedom was when, I was at my own house, with my parents. Freedom was when, Reyansh kissed my wrist, kissed my crown, heard me out, freeing me from all the unhealthy thoughts.

Surely, I tried to pay less attention to whatever others got to say, whatever interference they had, the questions of my status, my child, my parents. I tried ignoring, started acting like, I don't give a shit.

But, when I seat alone at night, staring at my silhouette, with those words roaming in my mind. That time I knew, it effects. It does effects. Then, a tear would leave my eye, and I would know, that a human can never be free.

He can never be free from his thoughts, from his responsibilities towards himself, from his overthinking mind, from the stinging mistakes of his. He can never be free. And, I knew I had a different perspective to life. And that is how, my last two years spent.

I let go of the hope that asked for freedom.

Just six more hours, to welcome a new year.

I wonder, how this year is going to turn. My husband turned out to be my neighbor, living just a house away, and I pathetically hide his son from him--a sin that begs the question: forgiveness?

As I clasp the railing, one leg dangles, the other pressed against cold marble, desperately trying to peer into my neighbor's home. To no avail, did I saw anyone. Today, I'm hiding out, and I brought Veer with me to Rayer because leaving him here was risky.