16|| the fancy party

|A U T H O R|

|A U T H O R|

The fancy eve night, just hours before the clock strikes 12, heralding a new year, the symbolic flipping of the calendar page. Ironically, it marks turning a fresh page in our lives, a promise to leave the past year behind.

However, promise is meant to be broken.

Under the shimmering starry night, unfolded an exquisite meeting filled with sophistication. The cold chilly wind of winter held he tune escaped from the strings of the violin, mixing with the crystal champagne flutes. The usual accent had a shift of superiority, a dress wore by the people to keep themselves as one of the crowds. Kiraz runs her eyes at every corner, at every masked face of fake laughter.

Straightening her posture, with a breath leaving her mouth Kiraz makes her way inside. The snobbish party, the flashing diamonds, with the smell of cuisine, the flimsy light up, brought a stingy nostalgia. Like, the one we get, when we re-visit the place, we abandoned. We stand there but nothing seems same. Somebody other than us, would have acquired that place, making their own memories.

Same thing happened with her. The place was foreign but the glittery feeling was familiar. The place was new, faces changed, unknown. Yet, a lingering familiarity of that emotion stayed high. Memories of her last celebration in Rathore mansion made its presence.

His birthday. Even though, the large royal mansion witnessed many parties after his birthday. But that particular day, meant to much for her to be forgot. The night she gave herself to him. Completely.

Had he not been a mafia, she wouldn't have celebrated the upcoming year separated from each other. Rather with their son.

Wish he was not what he was. Or wish she had just forgotten that what he was.

She makes her presence inside, with a final wave of bye at Kabir. It was completely professional obligation from her side and she must settle herself in it. Blowing a breath, curving her lips she dialed her PA's numbers. The soft music played by the orchestras helped her in calming down herself a bit. When a familiar face caught her site, she blows out her suspended breath.

Pretti dressed in formals, asks her, "When did you came?"

"Ten minutes ago." Kiraz roams her head, as she asks further, "Is everything going alright?"

"Yes," Pretti passes her a reassuring smile.

They made their way towards the catering area, passing the large stage adorned with couples lost in the romantic dance of deep affection. Her lips involuntarily twist, though she manages to conceal the bitterness that stirs within her. The sight of couples always leaves a bitter taste in her heart.

Reyansh, on the other hand, experiences a different ache. When he gazes at couples passing by or witnesses their intimate moments, he wishes he hadn't fallen in love. The pain mirrors what he's feeling now. Standing on the terrace top of Miller's, he observes a couple wrapped in the warmth of their embrace, shielding themselves from the cold. The music holds their world together.