17|| the big thing

"Is it necessary?" My body stiffened more than intended

"Is it necessary?" My body stiffened more than intended. It wasn't a daily occur
rence for me to stand with a gun pointed directly at my forehead.

"What?" He asked vaguely, his fingers leisurely wrapping around the gun's barrel.

"Pointing your gun at my head?" I uttered, blowing a breath.

"More than necessary," he broke my bubble. Does he hate me so much? That he so casually aimed that filth at me, staring with those same damn eyes that never blinked when they settled on me.

Who know what he thinks?

He walked closer, narrowing the distance between us. I stared at him, my fingers curling beside me. The wind fluttered the curtains, casting light into the room. We faced the window, the cold breeze passing through, yet it wasn't the cause of the goosebumps on my skin.

No, it wasn't the breeze; it was my own unease. Not the reason my fingers clutched the fabric of my gown. Certainly not the reason a gun was pointed at my head.

It was his face, his eyes, his gaze tracing my body.

After five years, I saw him clearly. His handsome face unveiled to my desperate eyes. The first time we met, he hid behind a mask. In the second encounter, a turtleneck obscured most of his face, teasing me with only the sharp curve of his nose and almond-shaped eyes.

Now, bathed in light, I could finally see him without barriers. Dark brown hair falling on his forehead, like Veer. A sharp, straight nose, just like Veer. Those lips, those almond-shaped eyes, that small mole-everything reminiscent of his smaller version.

A hazy layer of tears blinds my eyes, burning them, forcing me to look down. A tear slips, lip quivers. How can fate be so cruel? Can't he see her longing?

"Are the tears real?" his cold voice tolls in her ears.

I lift my head, connecting my gaze with him. I don't know why I can't hold the gaze. Veer's face dances before him. Reyansh's cluelessness about his presence pierces my heart.