THREE

Levi's friend, Clay, who also happens to be young and attractive, as well as a doctor, was in and out within 30 minutes. He concluded that I had or minor bruising, and a few cuts on my arm, which would be sore for a while, but not be a problem, and that a few of my ribs were bruised. He concluded I should 'take it easy' for a few days, treated my arm with disinfectant and gauze, and was out the door.

Levi was currently in the kitchen on the phone, I didn't know who he was talking to but I could tell whoever it was was pissing him off, and I could hear faint yelling coming from the other room. I wait patiently on the couch for him to finish, and realize that both my shoes are missing. I laugh to myself, finding it funny I didn't notice.

"Sorry about that," Levi strides into the room, "It was my boss."

"It's fine." I shrug, "I should probably get home though."

He shoots up from where he had just settled onto the couch, "You can't leave yet." He clears his throat, "Let me as least get you clean clothes first." He gestures to my stained coat, torn up nylons, and ripped dress.

"It's alright, I can change when I get home."

"I insist." He shoots me a gracious smile, but something shines in his eyes that I can't quite place.

I stare at him suspiciously, but nod. He gestures for me to following him, and I do. We make our way up the stairs and to the master bedroom, which hides behind a pair of massive double doors.

"This is so cool." I gape as we enter his room. A large four poster, California king bed sits against the center of the main wall. An expensive looking, black leather couch rests at the foot of the bed with blood red silk pillows accenting it. Dark pieces of artwork hung on the walls, and a chest of draws sat against another wall. There were two doors in the room, one I'm guessing a walk-in closet and the other a bathroom. The whole room had a mysterious, bad ass look to it.

"Yeah, I guess." He smiles at me softly, and strides over to the draws, pulling out sweatpants, and a v-neck t-shirt and tosses them to me, "These are the smallest I've got." He points to one of the two doors, "The bathrooms through there."

I thank him and rush to the bathroom. Quickly changing out of my clothes and into his, I hear him talking on the phone once again. Curiosity get the best of me and I lean my ear against the door and listen in.

He sounds frustrated again, "Dad, It's not right. She has nothing to do with anything." Where Levi and his father talking about me?  "No. She doesn't have clue." He pauses. "She's not like that, Dad." Another pause. "Fine, but-" "Alright." "See you in the morning." I hear the beep of his phone as the call ends and decide to exit the bathroom.

He turns to look at me and whistles, "Damn, you look better in my clothes than I do." Not possible.

"Thank you for the clothes." I say politely, the conversation he had with his dad still fresh in my mind, "Would you mind taking me home? My parents are probably worried." No they're not. My Dad left on a business trip a few days ago, and isn't returning for another few. My Mom, well, my mom hasn't been home for a good 10 years, as she left me and my Dad when I was 7.

Levi's expression darkens, "That's the thing, Willow." His voice sounds guilty, "I can't let you leave."