TWENTY-FIVE

This story is almost to 40k!!! I'm so shooook you guys are the best

-----------------

"Hot or iced?" Amber asked the man standing in front of the register as I finished the drink I was making, shaking my hips to the music that was blasting through the speakers.

We'd started working at a cute little coffee shop that was desperate for workers about 3 weeks ago. It was run by a snobby man in his 30's, who I have a feeling still isn't a fan of the two of us. But he was desperate, which worked out well for us, and we got the job on the spot.

"Rose!" I shouted out with the drink in my hand. An old lady approached, took the drink, and thanks me sweetly.

Life had been better now that I'm busier. While Amber and I worked most days, Jasper busied himself working on his computer. He and Amber always dodge my questions about what he's doing staring at his screen all day, and I assume it's because it has something to do with Levi.

I smile at the thought of him. I goes days without him lingering in my thoughts constantly, and it's been a good change. I don't know when I'll see him again, or even if I ever will. I know I'll wait as long as I need to, but I wish I knew if he was doing the same. The thought of him moving on in the time we've been apart is a thought I try to avoid at all costs.

I also have no way of knowing if he's alive or not. I've been doing all the research I can on Levi's father, and have come close to finding helpful information a few times, but nothing that would actually help me find Levi. I've made it to some pretty sketch website during my research, and it made my worrying for him worse. 

"Willow, get your head out of the clouds! I need an inced vanilla latte!" Amber sings to me making me start.

"You got it, girl." I smile at her and turn back to the espresso machine to start the drink.

The door of the shop jingles and I look up casually to look at the customer coming into the coffee shop. I do a doubt take as I see exactly who it is.

A gorgeous man strolls in, with a relaxed look on his face. His eyes meet mine and I smile sweetly at him, giving his tall body a once over. He was gorgeous, that was for sure, but no one is as attractive as Levi in my eyes.

"Hey beautiful." He walks toward me, instead of the register, where Amber stood with a scowl on her face. I didn't know why she was glaring at the handsome stranger, but I'd have to ask her about it later.

"Morning." Is all I say, not liking the almost creepy attention he way paying to me. He was making direct, intense eye contact with me. Is this supposed to be sexy? Kind of weird if you ask me.

"I didn't know this place started hiring models as barista's. I'll take a black coffee please. On the house?" He smirked down at me and winked. I gave him a blank look.

"Really? I didn't know this was the register." I smirked back at him, and motioned toward Amber with my head.

"Sassy," He commented, not even phased by my comment, "Just how I like it."

"Leave her alone, asshole." Amber piped in, handing him a steaming cup of coffee in a to-go cup. "Get out of here." My eyes widened at her comment, she wasn't the type to be rude to people she didn't know.

"Fine, 'ber." His scoffed, taking the cup from her, "Jasper will be hearing about this."

"Wow! I'm so scared of a little narc like you." She scowled at his retreating back.

"What the hell?" I turn to her as soon as the door jingles again and he's out of the shop.

"Jasper's brother." Is all she says as she turned away again to finish whatever she was doing, "I'm not sure why he's here. But I want him gone."

"Sounds like you have a pretty big grudge against him." I chuckle a little bit at her attitude.

"He tried to break us up a long time ago." She snorts, "Stole my nudes of Jasper's phone and sent them back to him, like I sen them to him and not Jasper. Whole big thing."

My mouth fell open. "Why the fuck didn't Jasper drop him?"

"It's complicated." She looked up at me, "They're half brothers." She made a mock gagging noise. "And you know Jasper, always loyal to people, especially family."

"I mean I guess. But that's some serious shit."

"It's not like Jasper likes or trusts him. Hell no. But he beat his ass and put him in the hospital, and then their mom died. So it kind of changed things." She sighed.

"Oof." Is all I had to say, "Well if you want me to beat his ass again, I will."

She laughed and we slowly went back to work, trying to finish our shift without any more excitement.

~

"Wake up!" The door of Levi's large bedroom burst open.

"What's up, Dad?"  Levi replied groggily, his eyes slowly opening. He was used to this by now.

"Son, we have to leave." His father strode into the bedroom and grabbed Levi's go-bag from where it sat by the door.

Sliding out of bed Levi stood to his full height and stretched. His muscles contracted tightly. His father had put him in a strict workout schedule, in order to make him "tougher and more intimidating". Not that Levi minded, he enjoyed the stress relief.

"Where are we going." Levi asked casually, pulling on a shirt.

"One if my contacts found the hacker we've been looking for. We need to go ourselves, teach whoever it is a lesson." Levi's father snarled. "We don't have an exact location, but a pretty good idea of where to go."

Levi smiled, playing along like he'd coached himself to. "I'd like to teach him a lesson myself. Where are we going?" He asked again.

"Florida"