THIRTY

Levi sat straight up in the back seat of Jasper's car. His whole body was tense, every muscle tightened as an attempt to try and keep himself together. Amber and Jasper sat in the front of the car and would both look back occasionally with worried looks on their face. Neither of them has shed a tear since they had sprinted out of the apartment building, they just sat in silence, whispering between themselves. 

"Where are we going?" Levi rasped out, this was the first time in a long time he hadn't been in control. But he didn't care. The love of his life was dead and it was his fault. All his fault. He had pulled her into this mess and all he could hope now was that she was at peace, and not scared anymore. 

"I honestly don't know." Jasper sighed, "Just away from here." 

Levi nodded in agreement, anywhere but here seemed like the best option. He never wanted to see this god forsaken town again. 

A single tear streamed down his face and he aggressively swiped it away. He couldn't break here, he didn't want to be weak when they weren't even effected. 

"Levi, I-" Amber started before Jasper shushed her. Levi's best friends hands were gripping the steering wheel in a death hold. 

"We don't know what happened yet, Levi." Jasper whispered barely loud enough for Levi to hear. 

"She was fucking murdered." Levi growled, "The fuck do you mean 'we don't know what happened'?" He was shouting now. "They probably threw her body in the ocean like trash. She died so we could be free. None of us deserve what she did for us. We know exactly what happened." 

The car was filled with silence and the sound of Amber crying. 

Levi didn't care, he wanted them to hurt like he was. The silence was suddenly broken by the sound of Jasper's phone ringing and he quickly picked it up. 

The sound of the rushed voice on the other end of the line peaked Levi's attention, and Jasper quickly responded that he understood, and they would be there soon. 

"Who was that?" Levi questioned. 

"Your brother." Jasper breathed out as he whipped the car around and sped back in the direction they came. 

--

The world was a blur as I was dragged away from the apartment building. The distant sound of sirens was all I could focus on, but they were still too far away. They'd never make it in time. 

Suddenly a gunshot sounded and I jolted out of my daze. I didn't feel any pain, and I knew I hadn't been the one who took the bullet. 

"Holy shit it's the boss." One of Levi's fathers goon gasped. 

I was dropped onto the pavement and suddenly they scattered and I was alone. What  he hell just happened.  A figured approached me with the sun shining behind them so I couldn't make out their face. But it looked like...

"Levi." I cried out, jumping off the ground with tears streaming down my face to launch myself into his arms. 

Levi chuckled, not putting his arms around me. Something was off, I pushed away and shielded the sun from my eyes to get a good look. 

"Not quite, but close." The man, who is definitely not Levi, chuckled again. 

"Who are you?" I questioned at the Levi look alike, backing away.

"I'm his brother, I'm sure you've heard about me. We were going to be roomies if we hadn't been found out." A pretty women walked up to stand next to his as he spoke.

"So this is Willow." She spoke kindly to me, "Nice to meet you, but we have the get the hell out of here. I'm sure Levi will be happy to see you."