EIGHT

Comment thoughts!

---------

"All packed." After 30 excruciating minutes of laying on Levi's bed, he finally returned, car keys in hand.

Slipping his keys into his pocket, he lifts me off the bed and into his arms. I didn't feel any pain, the meds Clay gave me taking full affect.

"I need food." I tell him. I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon and it was already 4:00.

"We'll stop somewhere." He said as we exited the front door.

As we pull away from the curb, I look back at the big brick house, the door still wide open.

~~

"Highway to Hell!" Levi's sings at the top of his lungs.

I laugh, clutching at my stomach, "are those the only words you know?"

"Highway to hell!" He sings again, just as off pitch as the time before.

"You're so bad." I gasp through giggles.

He looks over at me and flashes a toothy grin.

We've been driving for nearly 2 hours, and after a quick McDonald's break, we haven't stopped once. I've tried asking him where we're going, but each time I ask, I get a glare and silence. After about the 10th time,I just gave up.

You're probably wondering: Why the hell are you not freaking the fuck out?

The answer is simple. I have absolutely nothing to lose, and no one to miss me. My dad is never home (And is also in a gang?) , my mother is long gone, and my friends will get over my disappearance quickly enough. Also, Levi just might be the most attractive man I have ever seen. So the way I see it, this could be an adventure of a lifetime. Call me crazy.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks, suddenly. I turn my head away from the window to see him grinning like a madman.

"Better make it a fifty, rich kid." I joke.

My jaw drops as he pulls his wallet out with one hand and flips it open, exposing a wad of green, still keeping the other hand on the wheel.

"Well?" He smirks at my dumbfounded expression, "You asked for a fifty. Take one." I raise my eyebrows, but slip a bill out of his wallet anyway and tuck it into my bra.

"I was thinking about how crazy I am." I say truthfully.

He lets out a deep laugh, "How so?"

"Trusting you makes me crazy." I glance over at him, waiting for his reaction, but his expression doesn't even change, he just nods.

"You trust me?" He asks after a moment of silence.

"Well I haven't thrown myself out of the car yet have I?" I joke.

He scoffs, "Yet."

Before I can respond I hear the squealing of tires and Levi cursing loudly, jerking the wheel to the left.

"Hold on Willow!" He shouts to me over the sound of the engine roaring.

I do what he says and grip onto the overhead handle as hard as I can and bracing myself against the armrest. I whip my head back to look behind us and see two SUV's riding our tail. My eyes widen as the window rolls down on the first vehicle and a man with a gun leans out.

"Holy Shit, Levi." I hiss, "They're going to shoot us."

"Get your fucking head down!" He roughly grabs the back of my neck and pushes in towards my lap, as he lowers his head slightly as well, just so he can see the road.

Soon, the sound of gunshots ring in my ears and Levi speeds up the car even more. I twist my body toward the space between me and Levi's seats to peek back at the cars when pain slices through my shoulder, sending me flying forward, only to be stopped by my seat belt. I look over at Levi in shock, not knowing what hit me. Specks of blood cover the right side of his face and he stares at me in horror. I follow his eyes to my shoulder and my eyes widen. A clean puncture could be seen on my left shoulder, and blood slowly began soaking my shirt.

"Oh shit." Were the only words that left his mouth as he pushed the car to its limit, taking a sharp left onto a side road, his right arm shooting out and pinning me to the seat, preventing me from slamming into the window.

Speeding down the dirt road he began to swear under his breath, taking glaces over at me every few seconds. All I could do was sit there in shock, not registering the pain at all. All i could feel was a gentle throb in my shoulder, probably caused by the blood gushing out.

Whipping the wheel to the right, we drove of the the road and into the trees. By some miracle we didn't slam into any trees with the large vehicle, only diving into bushes and brush. Once we were a small distance into the woods Levi cut the engine and sat rigid in his seat, eyes glued to the rear view mirror.

The other SUV whizzed by a few seconds later, and Levi let out a breath and turned to grin at me.

"Damn, I'm Good."