TWENTY-NINE

sorry about the confusion about who Caleb is i know you guys only heard his name a few times but he's Jasper's brother who came into the coffee shop that one time lmao

——————————-

"You son of a bitch." Jasper growled at Caleb, who was standing with him arms crossed, smirking at us. 

"I can't believe this!" Amber shrieked, "We took you back in after everything you did! And you still betrayed us." 

"I wouldn't have done it if this cunt hadn't hit me." He gestured to me and I glared back at him. 

"You got what you deserved. I'd do it again." I snarled at him, and Levi placed a hand on my back as a signal to be quiet.

"This is why I won't feel bad when they kill you." Caleb just laughed. 

An older man stepped forward. The nasty ass baby whale, who is unfortunately Levi's father. My mind flashed back to what he had done to me while I was tied up in Levi's bedroom. I shuddered. 

"No one will be killing anyone. Yet." His voiced seemed to echo around the room.

Levi stepped forward as well. "What the hell is this."

"I knew I couldn't trust you." The older man spit, "You'll never fully be apart of my business until this whore is gone." 

"She not a whore." Levi instantly defended me, and I placed my hand on the back of his bicep in a silent thank you.

"Oh?" His father laughed, "So you didn't just fuck the shit out of her then?" 

My face went beet red. How did he know? We had been in the locked apartment the whole time. 

"She's mine!" Levi all but shouted. I knew he could feel my embarrassment and he was almost trembling in anger. "What we do is none of your business, or anyone else's."  

"You made it my business when you dragged her across the country with you when you ran away. And this one-" The man pointed to Jasper, "Made it my business when he hacked into our system trying to find you. Just so you could go back to Willow Reynolds."

Levi took a step back and securely wrapped a muscular arms around my waist, pinning me to him in a vice grip. "I don't care what you think. I never have. I never wanted to be part of the crime you call a business. And you'll never be able to make me."

"Not even if I kill her?" A gun was suddenly in the old mans hand, and pointed at my head. 

I froze as Levi moved to stand in front of me. More guns were pulled from their concealment and pointed at the tall dark boy beside me before he could take a step. 

"You're no longer any use to me." Levi's father laughed, "Like you said, I'll never be able to make you live up to your potential." 

"Sir, let me kill her." Caleb chuckled, "You heard what she did to me." 

"Idiot, the girl slapped you. She didn't chop your balls off." Levi's father chuckled, "If anyone's going to be killing her, it's me."

Sirens suddenly could be heard in the distance. They were idiots for pulling guns on us in a public area, the cops would be here soon.

"Fuck." Levi's dad cussed under his breath. "Kill the girl quickly, dump her in the ocean." The man turned to walk away, leaving only three of his men behind. Jasper and Levi could take them if it wasn't for the giant guns they were holding. 

"No!" Levi shouted, finally able to pull me behind him. "Father, please! Don't do this. I'm your son and I love her. Please just spare her life." I'd never heard Levi beg before, but here he was, close to tears and begging for my life. 

This would never end while I was alive. All of their lives  were at stake while I was around, and Levi loved me. He loved me. I could die happily knowing the man I loved felt the same. 

"Levi It's okay." I whispered shakily. 

He look back at me in shock. "Willow, no. We can figure out a way of of this." 

"He'll never stop. If we get away again he'll just find us over and over again." I didn't let my fear leak into my voice this time. 

"You dying is not the answer!" He hissed.

I just smiled and looked up into his eyes. I wasn't scared anymore. "Loving you has been the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. I'll love you forever, Levi Kraemer." 

Tears welled in his eyes, "Please, Willow." 

"Just say it one last time." I whispered, looking away, I couldn't handle the heart break that was swirling in his eyes. 

"I love you. I'll love you, forever." He breathed out. 

Moving to my tiptoes I pressed our lips together, letting them linger. I pulled away and gave him one last smile. 

His fathers goons had had enough of waiting, and ripped me from Levi's strong arms. A strangled sound emitted from him and he went to step forward again but Jasper held him back. 

"It's going to be fine, Levi." I heard Jasper hiss. "It's going to be fine." 

I closed my eyes and let myself be dragged away, not wanting to meet the eyes of the boy who's heart I shattered. 

I was going to die. 

~

"Do you not fucking care?" Levi roared, his entire body shaking as he fought off both Jasper and Amber, who were trying to pull him in the opposite direction they had dragged Willow away. 

"Levi, it's going to be fine but we have to-" Bang. The three of them froze. The gunshot seemed to still be ringing in all of their ears. 

That's all it took for Levi's to collapse. He knew who that shot had killed, he knew she was dead. Jasper and Amber tried to speak to him as their strong, powerful friend sobbed on the marble floor of the lobby. 

Tears were welling in Amber's eyes at the sight of her friend breaking down. But they had to leave, they had to leave before the police came. 

"She's dead." Levi whispered, shaking violently.

"She's dead."