SIX

My head is pounding and I feel like I'm going to be sick with pain.

Levi and his father had exited the room moments before, leaving me sprawled on the floor, bleeding and crying.

Levi had stood there for nearly an hour, doing nothing but staring, as his father questioned me and beat me.

What is your father planning? How much does he know? Are you apart of his organization?

As the questions where shot at me all I could do was cry and tell him I had no idea what he was talking about. Which only made him more angry.

The front door slammed and quick footsteps came up the stairs. I tried to lift myself off the ground but failed when pain shot through my entire body, making me scream in agony.

Levi all but sprinted into the room and towards me. "Don't move, baby." He murmured, kneeling down next to me, "It'll only make it worse."

My blood boiled, "You fucking promised."

Guilt washed over his face, "I know," his hands hover over me not knowing what to do, "If I had stopped him he would have killed us both." He gently wipes away my tears with his thumb and looks me in the eye, "You have no idea how sorry I am."

I just stare back at him, not knowing what to do or say.

Levi pulls out his phone, dials and puts it to his ear, "Clay, its me again."

~

By the time Clay arrived again, Levi had moved me onto the bed and was seated beside me, stroking my hair.

As clay walked into the room his jaw dropped, "What did you do to her?"

"I didn't lay a finger on her." Levi grits his teeth, "My Dad..."

Clay gives him an understanding look and places his bag onto the bed.

"Where does it hurt, sweetheart?" He coos.

What is it with these boys and pet names?

"Everywhere." I groan.

"Specifics."

"My ribs." I say, and he nods. He reaches to pull up my shirt but Levi swats his hand away.

"Relax, man." Clay chuckles, "I just have to take a look."

"Fine." Levi mumbles under his breath, relaxing a little.

Clay pulls up my shirt just bellow by boobs and whistles lowly, "Damn, definitely cracked."

He pops open his bag, "I can fix you up and give you something for the pain, but fractured ribs take 5-6 weeks to fully heal."

He takes out an ace bandage, some rubbing alcohol and a cloth, "Sorry, sweetheart, but this may hurt."