🌊Percy🌊

TW: Description of self harm scars and cuts

I awoke in my New Rome apartment to my fiancée, Annabeth, shaking me awake. "Wake up Seaweed Brain! The patrol found someone passed out in front of the tunnel and want you to investigate them and find out why they are here, okay?"

"Fine." I groaned "where are they?"

"The medical centre" Annabeth responded.

I groaned again and rolled out of bed and got changed into a SPQR shirt and a pair of jeans. The sun was only just rising as I walked through New Rome. The store owners were setting up for the day and the third legion were training on the Field of Mars. 

I got to the medical centre and, after asking for directions headed to the seventh floor and walking into room ninety six. I knocked on the door and gasped, as to my surprise, Nico Di Angelo, my younger cousin, was passed out in a hospital bed, bleeding from what seemed like hundreds of cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs. 

Scars showed on his thighs through his ripped up jeans. I stood still in shock, staring at the so called 'ghost king' looking so fragile and thin. Doctors and nurses were rushing around him, trying to stop the bleeding, but Nico looked unphased, just staring at a spot in the room just above my head. "Hey Nico," I tried to make contact, but all he did was stare at the spot above my head. "What are you doing here? I thought Hazel was at camp."

 At the name 'Hazel' Nico flinched and looked away, now staring out the window. I was confused because Nico loved Hazel so much he counted off the days until she visited camp every month. I still had the question Nico, per Roman tradition, but I knew he wouldn't have come here to hurt anyone, besides, he clearly got attacked by a monster, so he won't be doing anyone any harm.

"What kind of monster leaves these kind of scars?" I asked the closest doctor. "He does." Replied the doctor. "He does." I clearly looked confused, so another nurse came over and told me that it was Nicos story to tell me, not anyone else's.