💎Hazel💎

TW: self harm

Will tries to jump. Nico cuts himself. I killed my mother, myself and Sammy. Is this all my fault? Everyone in my life is falling apart. Next thing I will be by myself, all alone, everyone I love gone. 

I walked back into me and Nico's ruined cabin and was hit with an overwhelming feeling of sadness. I had been struggling with depression for a while but tried not to let anyone see. For all anyone knew I was a perfectly happy, normal daughter of Pluto, with a mentally ill and gay brother and a huge prophecy on my shoulders—just a normal demigod life. I tried to step over a particularly larger splinter from the ruined door and slipped and fell in the large puddle of blood, from Nico's attempt. I may have screamed a little when I stood up covered in blood, as half the camp came running in a mix of pajamas, amour and half-on clothes. Most left when they saw it was from the Hades cabin, as Nico has awful nightmares most nights and he screams a lot, but some stayed when they saw me, in the middle of the night, in my pajamas, covered in blood. 

Frank, my boyfriend, looked confused for a second, as he had just woken up to his girlfriend screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night, and said "Hazel? Where's Nico- ohh Hazel I'm so sorry I didn't-" but it was too late, as I had already broken down into tears over my poor lost brother. "He's never coming back Frank! Will's already lost it too and I'm worried I'll end up like Nico too!" 

The rest of the group that had stayed to see what was going on left at that, not wanting to get into our personal baggage that comes with being a demigod. Frank hugged me not caring about getting Nico's blood on his clothes. He just cared about me, which was a surprise since I didn't think anyone cared anymore. "I can't clean the blood." I said my voice shaking. Frank just nodded and grabbed some paper towels to clean the floor, when I bent down too he motioned for me to leave it to him. I didn't want to ignore his wishes but nor did I want to watch him clean my brother's blood off the floor. 

I excused myself off to the bathroom and dug around in my draw to find anything sharp, I caught a glimpse of my razor and grabbed it. I'd only ever cut once or twice before, I wasn't a 'pro' like Nico. I couldn't hold back anymore, the pain of the last day was weighing on me, so I dug the razor deep into the fleshy skin of my left wrist, wincing with pain I withdrew the object and repeated the motion on my right. 

I did it again and again, losing track of time. Now I know why Nico did this daily, it felt nice, bringing more pain upon myself than the world can. Suddenly Frank burst into the room, I dropped the razor and blood splattered on the floor. He stared blankly at me before grabbing my arms to see what I had done. Even I didn't realise I cut that bad, but there were hundreds of cuts and blood was dripping everywhere, I started to feel lightheaded. I fell into Frank who caught me with ease, as I looked up at him one last time before the world went dark.