☄️Comet☄️

TW: Self-harm intentions, reference to addiction 

I slipped away to the bathroom. Once I was finished, I got up to wash my hands, then a thought popped into my head: why not search the drawers? Of course, it was a bad idea, but I did it anyway. I opened the drawer the full way and looked underneath everything then my eyes caught a glimpse of a rusty old razor. 

My impulsive thoughts took control, and I grabbed it. I heard a knock at the door and quickly shoved the razor up my sleeve. Sleight of hand tricks, from the circus. Someone knocked again and I heard Kayla's voice "Comet! Come on it's time for the substance test!" Gods damn. I had forgotten about that. I hoped that a day was enough for the pills to wear off, but I was skeptical.

 I walked out slowly, delaying the test for as long as I could. I asked Kayla for some water on the way, to see if that would get it out of my system. But she refused to give me any, something about it washing away anything positive results. Which is exactly what I wanted it to do. I saw a water bubbler on the side of a path near the woods and quickly bolted towards it. Kayla's fault for letting me walk without anyone, or anything, hold me back. I pressed the button just as Kayla realised I was no longer trailing behind her, and I managed to get about two mouthfuls of water before she pulled me away. "What the hades, Comet!" I just smiled. "Good luck testing me now, Sunshine."

"Sunshine?" She asked.

"Yep. Your dad is Apollo right?"

"Yes."

"Then you are now dubbed. Sunshine."

"Sure. But I still have to test you in half an hour, and I will be telling Chiron this. And now, instead of sitting in the sun, waiting for the results, because you have not seen sunlight in a while, we will now be waiting inside."

"I couldn't care less, Sunshine. Chiron thinks I'm insane, anyway. Might as well give him a reason too."

Kayla shook her head. "Why Comet? You have people who like you, who love you, but instead you push them away, refuse help when you need it most, especially now. We do not tolerate drugs here, and you know that." I couldn't meet her eyes, the tone in Kayla's voice was so mad. "Why, why do you push us away?" She asked. I looked away, " I don't know" I replied, I clearly did know, my background in circus taught me to never trust anyone, but I wasn't going to give Kayla my whole life story, maybe some day but definitely not today. She looked at me with disgust in her eyes. "I can't believe that's all you have to say." She said practically fuming. We walked the rest of the way in silence. Score.