🌞Will🌞

TW: Suicidal intentions

I was in the kitchen looking for the sharpest knife I could find when I heard Mr D announce the monthly welfare check. I always get paired with a younger camper anyway, so I'll just do both of ours. But when Mr D said the pairs, I was paired with Kayla, my so smart it's scary sister. Not smart as in books, smart as in reading body clues. She will see straight through my excuses, I thought. I'm cooked. She came into the kitchen looking for me. "There you are, Will! I've been looking for you." 

I just nodded and then looked away. "Come on then, take off your jacket. You don't need to hide anything, do you?" I just shook my head and took a small step closer to the door, intending to rush past her, into the woods. 

"Nope! You are not going anywhere until I see you are not hurting yourself." I tried to push past her, but she grabbed my arm and watched as I flinched when she bumped one of my fresh cuts. "Just as I thought. Will why?" I just shook my head and grabbed the knife again, intending to run into the woods, armed with my knife, and stay out there for a while. But Kayla just very calmly reached for a frying pan, wielding it like a baseball bat. "Try me Will, just try." I took another step forward and then Kayla swung the frying pan like a baseball bat, and I blacked out.