Someone In The Dark

Narrator: Have you heard of the expression "Whatever is done in the dark will come into the light?" Get prepared to meet Smiles...

I don't know how far we've walked from the front door, and which way that even was. Everything that surrounded us was darkness if you don't include this fire. I drawed my attention to it again without warning.

I felt myself getting hypnotized, or maybe I was just sleepy. The flames seemed to be trying to tell me something.

"Um Asia..." Jeremy said starring at my blank expression towards the fire.

"Not now Jeremy." I said without looking up from the fire.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm thinking."

"No offense, but don't be going looney on me Asia. I don't like being the calm one who handles the situation."

As he finished talking I seen something from the corner of my eye slowly crawl up his leg.

"Ahhhhh get off! Get it off me!" He cried shaking.

"Hold still."

It was no ordinary spider. It's a black widow and if I'm not careful it will end up poisoning me! As I was helping Jeremy I felt something else was out of place. But my attention sprung back to my original task, getting this spider off my friend's leg. I back handed it quickly and jumped off and landed back into where it belonged. Some place in the darkness. Then I heard around of a applaud, so I took a bow and smiled at Jeremy.

Jeremy said shaking his head. "Um I don't think we are alone."

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't the one clapping."

"What are we going to do?" I whispered.

All of a sudden the lights came on. We appeared to be on a ballroom dance floor. I looked around amazed at all old paintings and a big Chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Then in middle of the dance floor, was the guy we spoked about ealier.
He was really tall. He had to be about 6ft tall. He was also really skinny looking. However that didn't frighten me. What frightened me was the look in his eyes.

"Who sent you here?" He said raising an eyebrow at the both of us.

"We came alone sir. No one sent us here." I managed to say.

"I don't believe you. But i'll make you a deal." He grinned.

"What's the deal." Jeremy asked.

"You battle me to a dance off and if you win. You'll get to leave. I'll even throw in driving you home if you'd like."

"But what if we lose..." My voice said trailing off.

I hate asking questions, but this guy was playing mind tricks with us. Instead of Smiles he should call himself Riddles.

"Why if you lose you have to be my guest."

I looked at Jeremy with sadness in my eye's. He knows I can't dance, but he can dance. He just doesn't like to dance in front of other people.

"C'mon Jeremy you could do this." I said patting him on the back.

"You really think so?"

"I know so. Now pay close attention as he dances. Try to find his weak spot and win!"

"Okay got it!"

I went to go sit down by the fireplace and this is where it all begins...