Two Is Company 3 Is A Crowd

My curiosity has finally gave in. I felt like things were getting more suspenful. I went to his backyard screen door, and peaked through the curtains over it to get a better glimpse of what was out there.
It was like a dream come true. First thing I laid my eyes on was a wishing well. It was changing colors and had beautiful mist was shooting out of it. Filling the atmosphere with a good aroma. Next thing I know, like a idiot I tried to walk outside and forgot I was looking through glass. Of course I fell, but at least no one saw I hope. Anyways I grabbed the screen door and went through the back yard and sat myself down at this table set for 3. Three? Seriously I thought it we just going to us...total mood changer. But at least the table looks nice. The way it was set up was kind of weird though. It was a round table and each chair at the table was across from each other. This reminded me of musical chairs. I tried to stay calm, because I laugh almost always at the wrong time. So I focused my mind on something else. The music that was playing was really groovy. I think I recognize this song. If I'm not mistaken this song is "Thriller". Oh my gosh I love this song! I couldn't help, but get up dance. I wondered around to look for a dance floor. No luck though, so instead I went by the wishing well. I closed my eye's to make my wish. Mmmm the air seriously smelled of vanilla and cinnamon. Anyways I wished I could find Smiles or even JEREMY! I felt so lonely back here. When I opened my eyes Smiles was right behind me.

"Hi" he said softly.

"Haiii." I said smiling ear to ear.

"What do you think of this date? It's not to extravagant for you." He said putting a hand on my shoulder and guiding us away from the wishing well. At that moment I came a little irritated inside. What does he mean how's the date going? He's been standing me up. But I just laughed it off and walked with him.

"I need to tell you something." He said seriously.

"What is it Smiles?" I said going along with it.

"I'm not like other guys." He said saddly.

"I know." I said giggling.

"No you don't understand." He said running off into the darkness. I started running after him, but he was pretty quick. I had to duck to get through the tree's. I wonder if it's difficult for him to get past all this since he's taller than me. Then again for all I know he probably runs through this forest trap for fun everyday. After I passed up a few more tree's with brances that were making me itchy. I lost him...

"Smiles? Smiles, where are you?" I said standing near this lamp post afraid. Okay not afraid, but VERY AFRAID. I tried squinting my eyes while stepping further into the darkness. BAD IDEA... the lamp post just turned off.
It made that electricity sound like when you're playing a game then suddenly your power goes out, and the rest of the city. All the energy that was left in me to find suddenly became drained. I knew if I turned back now something else would happen. This almost made me feel like I was being dared. Dared to move forward and complete my mission or dared to turn back and be defeated. Either way this goes there's going to be consequences. I touched my necklace around my neck. It was in the shape of a heart. I pressed on it to open the spray hole. Yes I carry pepper spray with me wherever I go. You always need to be prepared for anything, and need to know your surroundings. Lastly I took a second to breathe. My heart was racing, but my mind was already made up.

"SMILES!" I shouted from the top of my lungs.

Then I heard something behind me. It sounded like branches breaking. I looked in the direction where I last saw the shadows of the tree's. But I continued walking. Then I heard it again. So I stopped, but this time the sound was a bit closer to me. This time I began walking with a quicker speed. The sound was even closer. Instead of running I just grabbed a hold of my necklace again and waited for it to come into my personal space. But nothing ever happened. I felt like I was being spied on. After standing still for five minutes, I just rolled my eye's and counted to ten as I took another step. Something latched onto my arms it felt like claws. Okay this was it. I started spraying in zig zag motion hoping it got into whatevers eyes it was. It let go and started making crying sounds. I recognized those sounds anywhere.

"JEREMY!" I said shouting, but remembering we where in the middle of nowhere I started talking lower. "What the heck do you think you where doing?" I said helping him up and wiping some tears out of his eye's.

"I just wanted to scare you. Where's your sense of humor?" He said quietly and rolling his eye's.

"Right here." I said grabbing his hand so he could feel my necklace.

"You mean to tell me, all this time that this was pepper spray?" He said laughing.

"Yes and would you be quite. I need to get back to my date." I said not realizing I wasn't talking in my head.

"What date?" Jeremy said slowly pulling me closer to him.

Like he was trying to look me in the eyes.

"Nothing, nothing. Forget that I mentioned it okay." I said sweetly.

"Let me think about it... no!" He said in a jokingly tone. Then he continued, "Lemme guess this "date" your on is with Smiles."

"Yeah and?" I said as if I didn't care.

"Well where is he." Jeremy said as if he knew where Smiles went.

"I don't know. Okay we where talking and then he ran off."

"You know what that means Asia?"

"No tell me. Wait don't tell me. Okay just tell me."
I was getting butterflies just being alone and really close to Jeremy. He had one of his arms around my shoulders and my head was laying on his chest.

"He left you because you are to beautiful to be seen with him." He said sudectivley.

"Whatever man." I said softly giving him a playful punch in the stomach.

"I'm serious I can't believe you don't believe me. That's also why I came out here tonight." He said getting really close to my ear to say, "Will you do me the honor and be my girlfriend?"

Out of nowhere Smiles appeared.

"I'm sorry to scare you." He said a little out of breath. "But thriller was my favorite song and I wanted to reenact it.

He reached for my hand. I guess a date wasn't over. I looked at Jeremy who looked a bit embarrassed now.

"We'll talk later." I whispered in Jeremy's ear.

Before taking a hold of Smiles hand, and walking away.