IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICES

Smiles skeleton stepped far away from all of us so he could put back on his skin in private, but he said this loud enough for all of us to hear.

"People may never understand me. That's why they must seek time to get to know me. People will always judge me. Since they don't think like me. People will never love me, well because... there's always violence." He said referring to this moment. "And if you truly want to leave." He pointed behind us. "The door is open." He said wiping a stream of tears from his face onto his shirt.

*Thunder and lighting*

I think we all felt sad at this point. No one moved a muscle. I felt most affected by his words when he said no one will ever love him, because there's always violence for loving him. And when you think about it why else are we all here. This is the violence for myself and other children loving him. He hasn't even did anything, but love everyone in this town. Adults didn't know him like us, because they didn't seek him. I think it's fair to say he's right.

"Let's go home!" I shouted playfully and throwing up my fist in the air.

Everyone agreed and began doing some rants of their own except for the mayor.

"This doesn't make sense. So your just letting us go?"

"Yes I you all learned a lesson tonight you'll never forget." Smiles grinned.

"Wow you're a bigger weirdo then I expected."

*Silence*

"You know what I'm tired of you calling me that! If you have a problem with me too bad! I've been in this town for decades. Matter of fact, centuries is more suitable to say and we use to be friends. What happened?" He said mocking the mayor by wiping off his shoulders.

"What is that true Sneddon?" The baseball coach asked.

"No way..." A teenager said taking out their left ear phone.

*Chatter*

"He's lieing, I've never met this freak before!"

Smiles just shook his head in disbelief.

"Tell the truth." Smiles asked nicely waiting for him to say something. "I had a feeling this would be hard for you."

*Snaps finger*

A photo comes flying out from our "ticket to freedom" door.

Smiles holds it up for everyone to see. It was of Sneddon and Smiles when he was 14.

"You see... lies may run sprints, but the truth never gets tired."

*All agreeing*

"Yeah why do you hate Smiles?" I asked as I was coming closer to stand by Smiles.

*Everyone started talking*

"Yeah"

"Why?"

"Boo! You get out of town"

"The mayor is a hater!"

"Good one, I kind of like that." Smiles giggled.

"Lets chant it y'all." I said excitedly.

*Chanting*

Smiles just raised his eyebrow at him once more.

"Be gone!" Smiles motioned with his hands.

The mayor fell on his feet. Also ghost began to appear. Delighted to talk to us.

The mayor looked beet red. As people looked him in the eye and walked past him to the door. Little children stuck their tongues out or lifted the "finger". While the older children stepped on his shoes. Someone even took his wallet! I was the last one to leave. There was so much I wanted to say to Smiles. I'm sure Jeremy was waiting for me outside. So I had to keep this short. I stood on my tippy toes and gave him a peek on his cheek.

"What was that for?" He laughed.

"For being my hero." I said sweetly.

"You sure?" He said picking me up.

To my suprise he picked me up "bridal style" and whispered in my ear.

"Your not going nowhere."
I looked very confused as my eyes looked at the door shut.