Choose or Die...

*Clock strikes 12:00 am*

I don't know how many hours we've been here. When I came back to reality alot was happening. I realized I was standing at the middle of the dance floor, with everyone still remaining quiet... too quiet and Smiles still hasn't appeared yet. What's going on? Did they know something I don't know? Why won't anyone talk? I guess it's up to me to break this silence, no matter how akward. I slowly walked in front of the group feeling a little nervous.

"Can I get your attention please for just a moment? I have some valuable information I'm sure you'll appreciate." I smiled thinking I was the president.

"Go on... spit it out!" The mayor said while walking up to my right side.

All eye's were on me, and it was pretty obvious they were curious of what I had to say whether it was useful or not.

"I just wanted to let you know if anyone had to use the bathroom there's one towards the door at the far left. In other words, continue walking and when you reach the back side of the room you go through that door and down that hallway will be a bathroom after you go pass through another room and another hallway."

The mayor pulled me aside to talk once I finished.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" He said starring directly at my mouth.

"Uh sure..."

"Kid I don't know what your name Is but."

"It's Asia." I said cutting him off.

"Fantasia whatever! Point is, shut up and or keep your needs to talk to yourself, unless you have something important to say like me. I make speeches that encourage my town people to do what I want when I want it. You on the other hand, are like on of those cheap fast food commericals, that tries to let you know what's new on their menu. Without much effort, and very limited time." The mayor said very disgusted.

Dusting himself off as he walked away as if I attracted dust. Im starting to feel like everyone Is begining to hate me. I stand correct, after that some people just gave me starring and gave me disappointed looks. Why me though? I thought I was doing something right for once, letting people know where the bathroom is helpful. I don't know what's there malfunction is all about. But good thing I told them where a bathroom was, because some adults immediately rushed that way probably thinking it wasn't the only way out the house. Then there was Jeremy. As I walked back to the rest I felt embarrassed. He was pointing and laughing at me slapping his upper leg the entire time. However, when I made my way back next to him he acted very normal and made small talk. See... his BIPOLARNESS!

*Wind blows open another door with curtains*

I seriously need to find out where it's coming from. None of the windows are even cracked open. Wait, it could be the ghost that kid did have a point. Is this supposed to be a game or something? Just as I was going to go move around to ask that kid what he meant about the ghost, in the corner of my eye I saw some long black clothing of some object slide across the floor near the curtains a few feet away and disappear. Looks like I wasn't the only one who seen it and I wasn't going to ignore the fact I wanted to get a closer look.

*Gasps from everyone*

Here's a few of the things I heard.

"Did you see that?"

"No...OF COURSE I DID!"

"I wonder what it was?"

"I bet it was a creature we've never knew existed. Oh I gotta find my camera. I'm going to be rich!"

"Yeah or get real with yourself. It's probably just that sicko who lives here just trying to scare us to get even with us for trespassing. I for the record am not scared of him, or anything!" The mayor retorted adjusting his glasses.

No one responded. We all just kept our eye's on that spot. Until a raven flew by, scarring the mess out of us and grabbed our attention for a split second. Slowly and still startled we walked over to the curtains.

*Thunder and lighting*

I think I saw a tall hunched over figure. First thing that came to mind was It had alot of resemblance toi the grim reaper. Guess Smiles wasn't kidding about killing us, but why not get Freddy Kruger to do the job, at least I would have died in my sleep and I'm perfectly fine with that. The mayor took lead again like he's high and mighty.

*Standing a few inches in front of the curtains*

That was the "safe zone" the police made. But the mayor continued to walk closer and closer. If I were him this is the one time I would stop trying to be brave. Who knows what will happen...