POP GOES THE WEASEL!

Narrator: Looks like they got a secret. Wait until Smiles finds out.

Staying the night here actually turned in to days. Smiles was the perfect host. He knew how to make us laugh and how to have fun. The night before we got to fly around the town. I felt like Wendy and Smiles was my Peter pan. I wasn't even concerned of what my parents were thinking are going through. My mom especially deserved it. I had bottled up my feelings too many times. I wonder if Jeremy feels the same way. His parents are actually pretty nice it's just when they're drunk or doing drugs is when you see their "ugly" side.

*Flash back*

I remember one time I came over to study with Jeremy at his house for a math test. Inside his bedroom and all throughout the house you could hear his parents arguing and things smashing it was terrible. So I asked him to put on some music. I asked if he could play "Lady in my life" by Michael Jackson it's a favorite of mine. Anyways his dad began banging on his door and told him to turn it off. He told him no, because were trying to study. Then his dad opened the door and grabbed Jeremy right by the chest and punched him hard right across the face. Then the arguing died down and Jeremy's face was swollen. I asked him if he was okay. He said he'll be fine. But his mother walked in and told me to grab some ice, so I left the room thinking I don't live here how am I suppose to grab some ice. As I was looking around in the freezer for literally 5 minutes feeling really bad for Jeremy, his father walked up from behind and pointed to a cup which I then reached a spoon inside and scooped some ice into my hands.

"Can you tell Jeremy I'm sorry? That I didn't mean to hit him. I was just riled up." He said with remorse.

"Mr.Ollin I think it's better if he here's the apology from you. It would mean more to him. Trust me I know..." I said grabbing a towel from the kitchen table.

*At Jeremy's Bedroom*

I sat down next to him on his bed kicking off my shoes and scooted closer to him with one of my hands on his lap.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry! I'm not trying to hurt you. But man you got some beach ball."

"Is it really that bad?" He asked seriously.

"You want to see for yourself." I grinned.

"No I'm good hahaha... you could just keep dabbing the ice on it though." He said trying to smile.

"Is it always this serious with your father." I questioned not knowing I was asking a quite personal thing.

"Yeah and sometimes it's worse." He said starring at me trying to open his left eye.

"Keep it close." I ordered. Placing my right hand over it and closing it.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Jeremy asked kindly, but with all seriousness.

"I don't know you seem like a nice person." I said smiling.

"Oh really? Then why are you my only friend." He joked.

But it was true I was his only friend.

"Some people fail to see, what's underneath your skin." I said sweetly.

That's when we kissed. It was our first time and would be probably our last since it was unintentional.

"Umm... I got to go." I said already at the door with my shoes in one of my hands.

"I'm sorry! Wait come back." He said trying to stand, but he was still dizzy from the punch.

"It's okay you didn't do anything wrong." I finally said.

Then I closed the door behind me and headed down the stairs and into the kitchen to say good bye to Mr & Mrs. Ollin. They told me thank you for coming over and small talk as if nothing ever happened. Once I was finally outside I seen Jeremy looking through the window probably staring at me. I began to smile as I walked home.

*End of flash back*