FAKE IT 'Til YOU MAKE IT

AUTHOR: SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG WITH THIS CHAPTER. I HAD ALOT TO FIGURE OUT. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT XOXO.

Narrator: How many times can you count Asia has came to Jeremy's rescue? It's not an easy job. But true friends are often like stars. "You may not always see them, but they're always there."

*Wall clock strikes another hour*

"Whoo! I feel five pounds lighter." Jeremy said exiting the downstairs bathroom with a strut. "I almost forgot, Asia said to meet her upstairs. First let me check my watch 7:00 pm. I still got plenty of time. I'm just going to go make me something to eat real quick, after all I am a growing boy. I have to admit using the bathroom was a bit of exercise if you're lactose like I am. " He said scanning through the refrigerator.

*Meanwhile upstairs*

"Where is he!" I said punching his nightstand.

Okay it was a stupid thing to do, because It hurted really bad afterwards. But who cares about the pain I'm In. I need to focus, If I don't get to Jeremy before Smiles does only God knows what pain Jeremy will be in. I looked at Spike curled up by the closet's door. He was alseep. He must've been fighting someone in his sleep, because he was lowly growling with his mouth.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." I said closing the door behind me.

*Runs downstairs*

"Hey Asia!"

One of my ghost pals spoke blocking my path at the end of the staircase. Huh I had a feeling he was not going to leave me alone.

"Um hi, can't talk right now buddy sorry maybe some other time!" I said stepping past him.

"Lemme guess you're playing hide in seek with Jeremy? It will only be a second I promise. I just wanted to run some new dance steps across you to see if they're good enough." He smiled.

"Oh something like that." I tried to sound excited.

He then began dancing, and telling me what was the problem with each move. But he was so into it he didn't notice until he turned around I wasn't there.

"I'll try and catch you later." I said running off.

I felt like my heart was going to give out on me. I stopped running once I reached the dinning room. All I had to do was pass through to the kitchen to the living room where the bathroom was. This was also a perfect time to pray. I know I couldn't pull this one off alone. I'm no hero In reality, but I can at least try. And every time I try things go from bad to worse. Just as I closed my eyes to pray, I notice everything go dark. The electricity had blew a fuse, darn storm! Or maybe this was apart of the "game". I felt around in my pockets. Yes I have my phone on me and it still hasn't been charged since I've been here. The battery was criticality low, but not low enough to shut down. God works in mysterious way I reminded myself. It's something my mother would always say. Anyways, I put in my password and turned on my flash light mode. Which basically made the phone get very bright near the back camera on my phone. The air felt very cold in here. For the first time since my actual encounter here I got chills down my spine.

*At the bathroom*

I knocked liked I always did, five knocks. The first slow then three fast and the last one slow again. It's more like a pattern. What suprised me though is that I got the same knocks in return from someone inside the bathroom. Then I knocked again, but in more of a beat competition. This went on for quite a while back and forth. I reached for the door knob and tried puling it open. But it was locked from the inside of course. I was still worried so I stood outside the door a little while longer.

*Baby crying*

How did a baby get inside the bathroom?

"Open up, I'm going to help you."

But how could I help this baby? If I can't even handle my own problems. Wait it might be a trick to sidetrack me! My conscious warned slowly I backed away from the bathroom door and ran in the opposite direction bumping into things along the way. This definitely feels like I'm being "toyed" with and this has to stop. Is it just me or do I hear music playing. All this was making me hungry I should stop at the kitchen.

*Meanwhile in the kitchen flicking the light switch continuously*

"What happened to the power? Ain't nobody got time for that! Ain't nobody got time. Ain't nobody got time, ain't nobody got time, ain't nobody got time for that." He hummed.

"Jeremy is that you?" I said in shock.

"Yeah it's me, but is that really you?" He said trying to be a smart alic.

I couldn't see him in the flesh, but I saw his body outline. That was good enough for me. I ran towards him in the kitchen almost losing balance to give him a hug. We both knew how crazy our lifes gotten since we arrived here nothing will be the same. All we could is just move on.

"Okay." I said calmy. "Do you remember the plan?"
"How could I forget."

The plan was like always.... RUN!!! Hand in hand we ran towards the front door. I almost forgot how good it feels to have freedom.

*Smiles guarding the frobt door*

"Not so fast!" He said psychotic.

I didn't listen I kicked him in the knees, because my goal wasn't to take away his "little man". Then Jeremy punched him in the face. The door swung open, with a fresh breeze of cool air. Making sure Jeremy was okay I waited before taking off. He was still punching Smiles. First the nose, eyes, cheeks, and lastly the throat. That's definitely going to leave a mark.

"C'mon I'm ready." He said a little bothered.

Immediately we fled the scence like track stars, running down the narrow path up to Smiles Mansion. All we had to do now was make sure we get to the bus station that was down the street before 10:00 pm, because that's the time the last bus runs. And we don't even live around this part of town...